Brown’s Creek 4/11

Who caught what, when, where, and how.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Jiggle

Brown’s Creek 4/11

Post by Jiggle » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:26 am

Launched with a buddy at dead low tide yesterday morning into Brown’s Creek. Bite was nonexistent for about an hour until the water started moving again. We ended up with three reds, including 22” and 25” in a matter of 5 minutes, and later ran into a handful of trout, including two keepers. Picked up another small red and a small flounder later. The bite died down again about an hour before high tide.

I know a bunch of you have been out fishing, how bout some more fishing reports? :thumbleft:

Jwray

Re: Brown’s Creek 4/11

Post by Jwray » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 am

We tried a brand new ramp off main st on the Nassau river. It’s called Half Moon park and it’s a nice boat ramp. I was not in the kayak but a pontoon boat with some family. We just threw cut mullet but never had a bite. Not my usual area for fishing. Was browns creek packed with yaks on Saturday? It’s one of my favorite creeks for stalking low tide , backing reds.

Jiggle

Re: Brown’s Creek 4/11

Post by Jiggle » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Jwray wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 am
We tried a brand new ramp off main st on the Nassau river. It’s called Half Moon park and it’s a nice boat ramp. I was not in the kayak but a pontoon boat with some family. We just threw cut mullet but never had a bite. Not my usual area for fishing. Was browns creek packed with yaks on Saturday? It’s one of my favorite creeks for stalking low tide , backing reds.
I have never fished Brown’s Creek before Saturday, so I can’t say whether it was unusually crowded or not. I probably saw a dozen other yaks out there in the six hours I was on the water, but it certainly wasn’t crowded anywhere other than the bait shop.