Looking for a piece of property to build my last home on

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

captkenroy

Looking for a piece of property to build my last home on

Post by captkenroy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:09 pm

My son and family moved to Green Cove Springs and will be there at least 8 years. I'm pretty old and my wife and I are just about to get to old to maintain our property in Crystal River.. I'd like to buy a half acre within 20 miles or so of Green Cove and build a tiny home, just for the two of us. Something easy to maintain. Maybe 800-1000 SQ ft. Very simple. Cheap area is good and school quality is of no importance. Within 20 minutes of shopping.

High and dry is important and shade trees would be nice. Fishing nearby would be a definite plus. Certainly can't afford waterfront and don't particularly want it. Actually I do not want to be near a flood zone.

Suggestions appreciated.
Capt. Ken

Jwray

Re: Looking for a piece of property to build my last home on

Post by Jwray » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 pm

The area around Starke and anywhere west of 301 is pretty cheap.

jaxcreek

Post by jaxcreek » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:46 pm

I'm not familiar with the area much but to search for a land I'd use Zillow https://www.zillow.com/homes/Green-Cove-Springs,-FL_rb/
and for the elevation to make sure it's dry US Geo Survey Map https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer. The area up north closer to Black Creek is good for fishing.
Native Slayer 10
Solo Skiff
A BAD DAY FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

captkenroy

Post by captkenroy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Obviously, Jaxcreek, you have never been fishing on a truly bad day. I can tell you for certain that is better sitting on the hill, wishing you were fishing than sitting in/on the water, praying you will make it to dry land. "Been there, done that," more than once.
Capt. Ken