Palm Valley...

Who caught what, when, where, and how.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

67197mlk

Palm Valley...

Post by 67197mlk » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:38 pm

It has been a while since I have posted on here, but I am stumped. I keep getting skunked in Palm Valley. I have thrown everything I own, fast retrieve, slow retrieve, bouncing, burning. Everything I can think of. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as I am in this department. I can't even get any love from dinky trout. And they eat everything! If anyone has some ideas, feel free to share. I'm not looking for spots, just some sense of direction. I looked on my maps from my go to spots in browns and clapboard and tried to look for similar places in PV, but no luck.
Solo Skiff w/ 2018 5hp Tohatsu 4 stroke (it is crazy silent!)

SlotEnthusiast

Re: Palm Valley...

Post by SlotEnthusiast » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:04 pm

I haven’t been to palm valley in over a year, but I have been fishing like crazy this winter and been having a lot of success. I’ve primarily been fishing a live shrimp with its tail cut off under a popping cork and quartered blue crab on the bottom. Both have been working tremendously.

I hope that helps!

67197mlk

Post by 67197mlk » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am

Thanks for the reply. I have been debating just going back to live bait. I didn't want to end up depending on it, but at the same time, it beats getting skunked over again. I will heed your advice.
Solo Skiff w/ 2018 5hp Tohatsu 4 stroke (it is crazy silent!)

Smoke2joints

Post by Smoke2joints » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Fish the docks with a gulp mullet or an mr 14 for trout. Work them real slow the fish usally seem to be in the drop off that is usally about a foot in front of the docks Also sheepshead will be at the docks this time of year but ull need bait for that. Its a productive area just move from dock to dock till u find em

tadpole

Post by tadpole » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:24 pm

I'm in the same boat. I've been launching at the new Nocatee Landing and fishing mostly north of Pine Island. Very little to show for several trips. Mostly using live bait but also some artificials. Some of the places look very fishy but I just haven't figured them pout yet. I know there are some others that seem to do pretty well.
Tadpole

"Of course, folk fish for different reasons. There are enough aspects of
angling to satisfy the aspirations of people remarkably unalike."
-- Maurice Wiggin --