Jax Boat show today (Saturday)

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

captkenroy

Jax Boat show today (Saturday)

Post by captkenroy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:54 pm

I drove from Crystal River to Greencove Springs last night for the show today. My son and his family moved over there in December. This ws my first visit.

We got to the show early. We stayed less than 2 hours. We saw only 3 boats that were of much interest to either of us and we all agreed that the best fishing boat we saw wan an 18' Cape Horn. It was very fishable. WE saw 2 Pangas that we liked but I'd get yanked over the side by any substantial fish because of the minuscule gunwales.

One boat cost over $500,000 and it was not 1% the fishing boat my Dusky 25 was.

All in all, I enjoyed the trip. The traffic in Jax is horrendous And I only recognized a little of the town. We stopped at the Commissary at NAS for a few groceries then I headed back to CR. 9.5 gallons of gas for the trip in my old Nissan Pickup.

Looks like a lot of good FW fishing around Greencove Springs. My 11 year old grandson wants to catch a Striper. I don't have a clue where or how he'd manage it.
Capt. Ken

Bayscout180

Re: Jax Boat show today (Saturday)

Post by Bayscout180 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:22 pm

I was very disappointed that there were no Microskiffs (other than a Santee 16) and no Kayaks.

Jwray

Re: Jax Boat show today (Saturday)

Post by Jwray » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:37 am

It seems all the boat shows, (Daytona last week for me) only seem to have big , pricey boats. It amazes me that there are no small skiffs, bay boats or kayaks at all.