Night Fishing Areas

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

lasemase72

Night Fishing Areas

Post by lasemase72 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 am

I work a normal weekly schedule and my wife works Saturday and Sunday which means I watch my two year old twins all day. I don't really have much time to fish when the sun is shining.

The only time I really have to fish is at night. I have tried to fish my normal spots at night but it is proving to be too dark to see where I am casting. I need some help finding areas which are lit all night to fish or I might fall in to a deep state of depression.

Not looking for spot burns but some creek names that have lights would be massively appreciated.. DMs if your feeling generous with info obviously.

Really appreciate any help.. I havn't gone fishing in 6 weeks :shock:

shrimp_slayer

Re: Night Fishing Areas

Post by shrimp_slayer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Sending message
Malibu Stealth 12 (2017)

Me B

Post by Me B » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Palm valley has several docks with lights

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:13 pm

I have fished at night at both Oak Harbor City Park...across the street from B&M Bait & Tackle...and also at the City Marina near Rick's B&T on 20th Street which is across Beach Blvd. across from Adventure Landing.

I have fished at Oak Harbor about 150 times so I know it in daylight and in the dark. That is NOT to tell you to fish it at night since you can lose your sense or direction in the dark very quickly, but it has very little night boat traffic. Security there is "FAIR" and it is patrolled fairly often.

City Marina is better lighted and is often patrolled by both the City of Jax Beach officers and the FWC. The parking area is well lighted but once you leave the area and the Beach Blvd. Bridge you are in the ICW which has more night time boat traffic.
Stay close to the bridge area but watch the boat traffic and wakes the yachts put out!!
Good Luck and keep us posted!!
JohnYaksJax

lasemase72

Post by lasemase72 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am

Thank you for the direction!

Hoping to get out this weekend!

keastman

Post by keastman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Salt Run in St. Aug has dock lights and also very little current to deal with. No chance of getting lost. This time of year the bugs will feast on your flesh though.

Cuello

Post by Cuello » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 am

I imagine the bugs season has passed by now in St. Aug?