Palm Valley Boat Ramp launch and Suggestions

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

MakerPower4

Palm Valley Boat Ramp launch and Suggestions

Post by MakerPower4 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 pm

I am really struggling catching fish launching from the palm valley Kayak ramp. I have tried the docks and first small inlet going south. Do i need to go further south to the next opening on the Tomoloto river. Any other suggested launch spots near that area. I am thinking about trying the dam/ river and/or lake side.

I also wouldnt mind maybe linking up with someone to maybe give me tips as im new to this whole kayak fishing thing.

Jwray

Re: Palm Valley Boat Ramp launch and Suggestions

Post by Jwray » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:42 am

Throw paddle tails and a mirrordines around the docks. Big trout now in palm valley.

tadpole

Re: Palm Valley Boat Ramp launch and Suggestions

Post by tadpole » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 am

MP4- I've been having some of the same issues for about a year now. I've had some limited success by going further south - it's about 1.5 to 2 miles I think to the first channel marker, but there are several fishable creeks and flats once you get that far south. But most of my catch has been small. I think the problem is that the bridge is about halfway between the two inlets (Mayport and St. Augustine) and the fish can find better conditions in either direction.

Recent reports indicate much better activity so I'm getting ready to try it again soon.
Tadpole

"Of course, folk fish for different reasons. There are enough aspects of
angling to satisfy the aspirations of people remarkably unalike."
-- Maurice Wiggin --