Every body die or move away?

Kayak fly fishing discussion, fly tying, and fly tackle.

Moderators: Rich.FlyFishJaX, dherna

jptrout

Every body die or move away?

Post by jptrout » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:31 pm

This is the most closed mouth bunch of fly fishers that I ever did see! Usually you get 2-3 in a room and you can't get a word in edgewise! LOL! I nearly wrote a book about my Spring trip north for y'alls reading and viewing pleasure! Locally, I only dink around in retention ponds just to do something. Middle of October, though, another trout fishing trip to NC and TN coming up, hopefully with good stories and lots of pics to share.

keastman

Re: Every body die or move away?

Post by keastman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 pm

JP, I rarely stop in anymore, life caught up with me in the last two years, hope to get back into it within a year. I do dink around in the ponds at work and my development for bass and brim or I wouldn't be getting any fishing in . Made it out on the last flood before the non hurricane last week where we both have fished before and only saw one cruising red but the wind was blowing too hard to set up and get a shot at him. Poled for a few miles and that was it. By the time I turned to come home, the wind had come up pretty good and I was wishing I hadn't gone so far. I had to follow the shoreline back rather than open water. Hope your Oct trip goes well. I am always envious when I see your great trip pictures.

Kevin

jptrout

Re: Every body die or move away?

Post by jptrout » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:14 am

Kevin, great to hear from you! Only took a year to get a reply to this post! LOL Pretty dead fly fishing wise here.
I did get in a short trip to NC last fall, again in the Spring and my usual 2 weeks in the Catskills this year. It was tough with cold and marginal weather, high water, bugs way late but we still managed to round up some good fish. I haven't posted an album yet of that trip. Still have to wade through all the pics but will post a notice when I get around to it. Do I remember that you got one of those Solo boats? Is it awesome?