Veterans Day Celebration

Activities related to the Northeast Florida chapter of HeroesOnTheWater.org

Moderator: Tmdfam

YakGroupie

Veterans Day Celebration

Post by YakGroupie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:15 am

The 2014 Heroes on the Water and Browns Creek Fish Camp Veterans Day Celebration will be held Sunday, November 9, 2014. If you are a veteran and would like to attend or if you would like to volunteer as a guide, please RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fl-northea ... 1410696701
Attachments
VD.jpg
VD.jpg (810.13 KiB) Viewed 4254 times
Melita
MELITA'S CUPCAKE PRO STAFF!

gumby

Re: Veterans Day Celebration

Post by gumby » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:01 pm

What an awesome day!
James aka Gumby
My kayak "the red roadster" is so short, I can load it IN the car.
My Fleet...
Red Flex 9' sit inside
Green Pelican Castaway 11' 6"
2012 Hobie PA 14'

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Melita & Heroes on the Water Team....what you do with HOW and for active duty and veterans is just amazing, and we all appreciate your time and efforts!!

Wish that I did not work weekends so I could join you......John

SRAces

Post by SRAces » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Melita and all the folks that volunteered made it a wonderful day! The weather was nice and even though the fish bite was slow, the time on the water was great! Heartfelt appreciation for the honor guard, live music, festivities, awesome food and everything associated with the event. If you're a veteran and have not participated in the Veteran's Day HOW event, you need to next year. :salute:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Sea Grass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya

CJ_Tiz

Post by CJ_Tiz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Had an awesome time! Can't wait til Palm Valley in February.

Redfish Chaser

Post by Redfish Chaser » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:30 pm

The weather turned out to be perfect and I had an awesome time catching redfish with a fellow vet and then the delicious lunch donated by Callahan BBQ!

Craig
Native Watercraft Slayer Propel Image
Native Watercraft Pro Staff
SureSet Jigs Fishing Team
Quantum Fishing
Accent Paddles

Vonzipper

Post by Vonzipper » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 am

Craig,
Thanks for putting a place with that lunch. I told Linda we should find out where that lunch came from and go tell them how much we enjoyed it and thanks for supplying it, while we are having lunch there of course. Now we know. What a great time.
"It amazes me how much enjoyment I get helping someone other than myself these days" Zip, 2018

YakGroupie

Post by YakGroupie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks to all those that volunteered or attended. It was a spectacular day! The Team works hard to put this event together to make it a true celebration for our veterans. It is our small way of saying thanks for their service and sacrifice.

If you missed it, the Northeast Florida Chapter chapter volunteers (guides and land crew) received the Presidential Volunteer Service Act award (Gold Level) for the hours they spend volunteering for HOW. The group volunteered over 1,000 in an 8 month period. In addition, the leadership team members: Kevin Lairsey, Jason Zug, Tim Stouder, Tim Johnson and Katie Blunk all received awards for individuals at the Bronze Level (100-249 hours) and Craig Van Brocklin and Charles Ganoe both received Silver Level (250-499 hours). These are the folks that make HOW a reality for our veterans.

Of course, the main even was time spent on the water and off relaxing and enjoying the company of veterans from our area. We are so grateful!

Look for a full write up in next month's Coastal Angler Magazine! :)
Melita
MELITA'S CUPCAKE PRO STAFF!