Conceal carry license

Keep it clean!

Moderators: HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Outdoorlife

Conceal carry license

Post by Outdoorlife » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm curious what the turn around time is lately to get your permit? Just went and got my fingerprints done and i did it the old fashioned way because I'm cheap! My parents were told you save a few bucks over digital and there's no difference...

It doesn't make sense to me why digital costs $37.50 and ink costs $5. I understand it may take me longer to receive my license but the lady at the sheriff's office kept telling me they would get me some how and I wasn't saving money. I find that odd since another office told my parents they SHOULD apply this way to save a little. $65 for 2 people is a lot of beer to just give to the sheriff's dept! I can refill my kegerator for that!

Thanks for your input
"It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

keastman

Re: Conceal carry license

Post by keastman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Seems like it cost me a whole lot more than $5 to get inked at the Sheriff's Dept by the time I paid to have it sent in for my ccw. Hopefully you have the correct info. I should have asked them to just use the copy they had on flile from the last time I was arrested and hoped they had a sense of humor.

CJ_Tiz

Post by CJ_Tiz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 pm

I paid $115 or so at the Agricultural office on Baymeadows. They did it all at once with fingerprint and all. Return time was about 3 weeks. This was back last spring.

Outdoorlife

Post by Outdoorlife » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:48 pm

The way I understand it is the permit application itself costs $70 and the rest is the fingerprints...
"It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

weimed

Post by weimed » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:54 am

I did it at the agricultural office on Baymeadows also. Saved me a run around but the wait time was about two months. The lady there told me " so many people are applying that it can take 2-3 months going forward"

Outdoorlife

Post by Outdoorlife » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:58 pm

thanks I scheduled mine for the Baymeadows office. Seems that every Sheriff's dept, desk personnel, and info I read online gives different answers. Ill pay the $112 or $139 whichever it is and wait patiently... just glad to know you can open carry while fishing, hunting, or camping without any permit here in Florida!

keastman

Post by keastman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Yes, you can, but if you do, be prepared to be stopped and questioned or worse yet surrounded by some local LEO's with guns drawn that don't know that you can. Some LEO don't realize that you can do so and also much of the public is not aware of this and will call you in to 911 which will result in a response. Do a search and you'll find some incidences of this in Fl. The term "dead right" has did not occur randomly

Outdoorlife

Post by Outdoorlife » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 am

Not saying this is what I'm gonna do but nice to know my rights since many officials are trying to take them away.