Thank you for your support!

Activities related to the Northeast Florida chapter of HeroesOnTheWater.org

Moderator: Tmdfam

YakGroupie

Thank you for your support!

Post by YakGroupie » Sun May 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks to everyone who fished the Classic and HUGE thanks to Mike and Michelle Kogan and all the volunteers who makes this the CAN'T MISS EVENT of the year!

We are so humbled and grateful to be included as one of the charities at this year's event. Our chapter will be 2 years old next month and we have served hundreds of vet days since our inception. Our success is based on the giving hearts of our volunteers and the donors to our chapter. On the surface, it's just a fun day of kayak fishing -- a time to relax and get away from your problems for our veterans but in reality, there is a ton of work being done in the background to make it a seamless event, that work is done by our leadership team of volunteers. Hundreds of volunteer hours every month ensure we have the supplies we need to help our warriors heal. Your donation allows us to concentrate more on the healing and less on the "how can we make this happen with what we have."

I encourage you to check out http://heroesonthewater.org/who-we-are/our-heroes/ and read for yourselves the impact HOW is making nationwide. Many of the heroes on this page are right here in Northeast Florida.

If you are interested in volunteering, please feel free to contact any of the Leadership Team members (Craig Van Brocklin, Tim Stouder, Katie Blunk, Jason Zug, Charlie Ganoe, Tim Johnson, Kevin Lairsey or me). You can reach me at northeastflorida@heroesonthewater.org.

Again, thank you all!
Melita
MELITA'S CUPCAKE PRO STAFF!