April 21st event at Browns Creek

Activities related to the Northeast Florida chapter of HeroesOnTheWater.org

Moderator: Tmdfam

Redfish Chaser

April 21st event at Browns Creek

Post by Redfish Chaser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:31 am

APRIL 21st Event

Our April event will be held at Brown's Creek Fish Camp on the 21st. Browns will be donating the bait (dead shrimp) and we will be grilling lunch for everyone. If you would like to donate, guide or participate in the event, please call the April event coordinator, Mr. Tim Stouder at (904) 993-5366.

Should be a good time and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Craig
Native Watercraft Slayer Propel Image
Native Watercraft Pro Staff
SureSet Jigs Fishing Team
Quantum Fishing
Accent Paddles

CJ_Tiz

Re: April 21st event at Browns Creek

Post by CJ_Tiz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 am

Is it the 20th or 21st? Facebook says 20th.

YakGroupie

Post by YakGroupie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Sorry about that ... I typed in the 21st and it was there when I edited it but it showed up the 20th. WEIRD! LOL

Event is Sunday, April 21st at Browns Creek Fish Camp.

Volunteers can sign up via PM, email or calling me or Tim Stouder.

Vets - Please sign up by calling me (Melita 318-3936) or email mganoe@comcast.net.

Thanks!
Melita
MELITA'S CUPCAKE PRO STAFF!

YakGroupie

Post by YakGroupie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Another great event today despite the wind. The forecast provided a few cancelations for first time yakkers and those fighting this virus going around. The day started out slightly breezy but the skies looked good with only a few scattered clouds. One of our guests brought us empanadas for breakfast -- yummy! As a group, we managed a NEFL Trifecta with reds, trout and flounders today along with a couple of blues. We came back to a delicious lunch cooked by Tammi Van Brocklin, rice with beans by a volunteer, and cookies and cream cupcakes. Everyone stayed late into the afternoon enjoying the commaraderie.

Thanks to all the volunteers for sharing your time and knowledge and thanks to our guests thank you for spending the day with us and allowing us to share our passion for kayak fishing with you. Thanks to Brown Creek Fish Camp for hosting our event and providing the bait for our guests.

We apologize to those that had to leave right after fishing and didn't get in the group picture. Please check our Facebook page for more photos from today's event. (Heroes on the Water Northeast Florida Chapter)

Remember, we are still having a volunteer call so if you would like to volunteer with Heroes in the Water in some capacity, please email me your contact info at NortheastFlorida@HeroesOnTheWater.org.

Thanks
Melita
MELITA'S CUPCAKE PRO STAFF!