"A fishing Carol, Vol II"

Who caught what, when, where, and how.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Sheepherder

"A fishing Carol, Vol II"

Post by Sheepherder » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:56 pm

A Fishing Carol (version I) was deleted by yours truly, after my daughters nimrod boyfriend alerted the sheepherders in house moderator to it's content. She quickly informed me... JRRRRRRRRRRRRR!you idiot, you better take that off from there before someone that does business with us reads that. However at this printing nimrod is long gone and she will never know of this second printing, plus I've had 3 PM's and one email asking hey! what happened to A Fishing Carol?

It happens that on a winters day yesterday to be specific, three now wiser men decided to go do some fish shopping at one of our local fishing malls, Ft.George/Ribault launch. Upon our arrival it was quiet not even a mouse or a solo skiff could be heard.
However shopping was horrific the only sales available were on every piece of crap fish known to mankind. I had the pleasure of landing not one, oh no that wouldn't be enough, but two nasty behind robin fish or whatever their called, nine blue fish and yes I did finally find a sales table offering a few specials on the over the counter" fruit of the loom, regular line" trout David (unincom ) and Clark weren't far behind me in the crapola shopping experience, however Clark does have a knack for shopping and did find a few Reds on special, but not his usual 3XXX large types.

The fun really starts when the Grinch that stole Christmas rolled up on David in a 15 foot Key West. He looked like Opie and she was all of 2 feet 7 inches with the attitude of a Genghis Khan, Now David who hails from our great northeast and is endowed with that northeastern DNA suave blasted the little oriental women and Opie. She began yelling some Christmas cheer in some type of dual Mongolian/Cantonese dialect and by observation of her body language, people! I don't believe she was wishing David a Merry Christmas nor a happy new year, she was not being a nice teenee weenee person.

In the back of the store where all the blue light specials on Reds were occurring another idiot in an aluminum motorized "deliverance" special damn near rolled right over Clark, as he frantically was waving his arms to get the "swamp persons" attention to no avail. Little angler Elf's..... it was now time to GO!

But as all stories go, one must first get loaded and out of the fish malls parking lot safely before I can say "THE END", not so fast. As we approached the once quite launch where not even a mouse or solo skiff could be heard, you remember the place, right? Well now it was inundated with Buba, Ernastine, and all their moonshining cousins, wading waste deep in water with their Zepco's blazing while sucking down pickled pigs feet and day old sausage biscuits and sucking down the proverbial BUD LIGHT, lets not forget while choking on a Marlboro red heater. At this point Clark inquired HEY! are not all these people suppose to be at the flea market LOL, What a day little elf's so to all a Merry Christmas and to all a good night.
OH..... and don't go fish shopping on a weekend.
JR :smoke:

JohnYaksJax

Re: "A fishing Carol, Vol II"

Post by JohnYaksJax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Hey JR.....I did not get to see the "first version" of this Fishing Carol, but happy you reposted it....very funny stuff, and SADLY very true too!!

Sorry to say that is why I prefer working on weekends and fishing during the week.....and I pretty much stay away from Mon. and Fridays since those are impacted badly by the 3 Day and 4 Day Weekend types....especially now towards the end of the year when they have vacation days and hours that they need to "use it or lose it" requirements......(I used to be there too!!)

Good news tho is that there are LOTS of little hideaway creeks to discover and explore in our kayaks!!!
JohnYaksJax

Clark

Post by Clark » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:30 pm

That's Funny JR, and unfortunately pretty close to the truth. Ft. George was a little bit of a zoo Sunday. When I saw KayakMike Friday at the launch, I told him we might fish Sunday, and he said "I do not fish the weekends" :lol: :lol: He might be right :thumbright:
Thanks for taking me fishing Dad

Mudfish

Post by Mudfish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Sheepherder wrote:...I had the pleasure of landing not one, oh no that wouldn't be enough, but two nasty behind robin fish or whatever their called...
Look familiar?
Attachments
Sea Robin.jpg
Sea Robin.jpg (112.65 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13 ~ 2012 Native Mariner Propel 12.5

jaxcreek

Post by jaxcreek » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:10 pm

A fishing Carol, Vol III soon???
Native Slayer 10
Solo Skiff
A BAD DAY FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

weimed

Post by weimed » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Very entertaining JR.

gumby

Post by gumby » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:06 am

:clap:
James aka Gumby
My kayak "the red roadster" is so short, I can load it IN the car.
My Fleet...
Red Flex 9' sit inside
Green Pelican Castaway 11' 6"
2012 Hobie PA 14'