Spooked Two

Who caught what, when, where, and how.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Kudzu

Spooked Two

Post by Kudzu » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 pm

How'd y'all do today? I made a mad dash for the flats and thought luck was on my side. I wasn't 5 min from the ramp when I spotted my first tail. Unfortunately, in my haste to hit the water I hadn't prepped my fly rod. By the time I got the line stripped I spooked him. :oops: I spooked another swimmer and that was all the red I saw today. At least I had a nice day on the water.

Kudzu - Wilderness First Aid Certified
Team Fishbusters
Twitter @redfshwhisperer
- Native Slayer 14.5
“Every time someone buys a Salt Life sticker, a school of permit dies." Scott Davis, LFS

Chap

Re: Spooked Two

Post by Chap » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Good days on the water don't always involve fish. I am jealous of the blue sky I see in your pics.
Paul

Thanks to Uncle Tony, Uncle Larry, and John for taking me fishing.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Kudzu.....Nice that you got out there and saw some reds...and that is a very pretty pic of where you were fishing!!!
Thx for sharing....john

Kudzu

Post by Kudzu » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Yeah, can't complain too much. Still can't get over how clear the water was also. I'll try again tomorrow.

Glad you liked the pic, John. I have to get creative with my GoPro knock-off. :)
Kudzu - Wilderness First Aid Certified
Team Fishbusters
Twitter @redfshwhisperer
- Native Slayer 14.5
“Every time someone buys a Salt Life sticker, a school of permit dies." Scott Davis, LFS

Black Clouser

Post by Black Clouser » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Cary, There is for sure something very special about the flood grass. Anytime you get to fish it it's a gift from above regardless of fish caught ....glad you got out and saw a few :) .
BC