Night Fishing

Post here if you want to find someone to fish with, invite others to join you, or if you want to post a float plan for your trip.

Moderators: HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

SlotEnthusiast

Night Fishing

Post by SlotEnthusiast » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Hey guys and gals, I am looking for someone to go night fishing with on the yak. I've never taken it out at night before but I really want to give it a shot.

Does anyone here go out at night?

shrimp_slayer

Re: Night Fishing

Post by shrimp_slayer » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 pm

I recently went out at night for the first time around Chicopit Bay. Caught a couple of rat reds and some flounder. I put in at 2:00am and fished till 8:00am. It’s a lot cooler at night and less crowded on the water. I fished with some shrimp I bought the previous afternoon I kept aerated in a bucket overnight. Weather (and family) permitting, I’ll join you. Pay attention to the tides! I had myself in a decent spot at peak low tide. The water there can pull you pretty hard towards the St. John’s as well. I say know the area well during the day before venturing there at night. Tight lines

SlotEnthusiast

Post by SlotEnthusiast » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:56 am

shrimp_slayer wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 pm
I recently went out at night for the first time around Chicopit Bay. Caught a couple of rat reds and some flounder. I put in at 2:00am and fished till 8:00am. It’s a lot cooler at night and less crowded on the water. I fished with some shrimp I bought the previous afternoon I kept aerated in a bucket overnight. Weather (and family) permitting, I’ll join you. Pay attention to the tides! I had myself in a decent spot at peak low tide. The water there can pull you pretty hard towards the St. John’s as well. I say know the area well during the day before venturing there at night. Tight lines
That sounds awesome! I have mostly been fishing the little creeks at Dutton Island and Oak Harbor and I don't think those are very accessible at night.

I would love to go out with one night though!

shrimp_slayer

Post by shrimp_slayer » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Chicopit Bay is just north of Oak Harbor. You’re right about the public boat ramps. They usually close at sunset. A while back I looked under the “fishing spots” on the forum and it gave alternate access points to a lot of the spots. Chicopit Bay is just north of Oak Harbor and not that far a paddle from the mud ramp off A1A at Sherman’s Creek :thumbright: I saw that the “fishing spots” were recently updated. I don’t know if these are mentioned or not with the added topi views. I’ll have to look. I think PM is the best way to go when trying to get with a buddy on here. I would message to see if a moderator could remove your phone number.

SlotEnthusiast

Post by SlotEnthusiast » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 am

shrimp_slayer wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:04 pm
Chicopit Bay is just north of Oak Harbor. You’re right about the public boat ramps. They usually close at sunset. A while back I looked under the “fishing spots” on the forum and it gave alternate access points to a lot of the spots. Chicopit Bay is just north of Oak Harbor and not that far a paddle from the mud ramp off A1A at Sherman’s Creek :thumbright: I saw that the “fishing spots” were recently updated. I don’t know if these are mentioned or not with the added topi views. I’ll have to look. I think PM is the best way to go when trying to get with a buddy on here. I would message to see if a moderator could remove your phone number.
Thanks!

I sent you a DM, not sure if you got it.