Resizing Pictures

Come in here for help on using the Forums or the Gallery.

Moderator: KayakMike

KayakMike

Resizing Pictures

Post by KayakMike » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:10 pm

Huge pictures are difficult to look at for folks that don't have monster displays and also take up a lot of room. If you do not have image processing software such as PhotoShop to resize your images please get the Windows XP Image Resizer Powertoy.

You can get it at the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe

Once installed you can right click on any image and resize it to something like 800x600 or 1024x768 while maintaining a good quality image.

islandspeed2001

Post by islandspeed2001 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:14 pm

This download will not work with Vista Windows. Only for XP system. There are some outside vendors that have resizing programs but nothing that seems to be the total solution.

So, when I catch a big fish, you will just have to believe me as I won't post a picture without resizing it. :D :D I'll just resize it verbally (bigger :lol:
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:45 pm

Vista is pretty poor....kinda like Windows ME....LOL!!!

Jerry, I hope your new PC came with the choice of which Operating System to load...and you chose XP Pro....
BTW: You always have used "judgement" on your fish sizes.....and it was always too large!! LOL!!
Josh told me his flattie was 20".....and 30 minutes you drifted by and told me it was 21"....and when you posted it, it was 22".....mine do NOT grow like that in the cooler....and I have a Polar Bear also...THANKS to you!!

If not, you have many good fee photo storage places...PhotoBucket and the Kodak place....EasyShare I think it is....???
My daugher sent me both of them.....and SOMEDAY I'm going to learn at least ONE of them!! :shock:
JYJ

Brianed_09

Re: Resizing Pictures

Post by Brianed_09 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 am

Most of my pics are to large to post but if your not to worried about extra good quality pics i have been opening them with paint and clicking the image button the stretch/skew and then just putting in 50% for horizontal and vertical stretch or 25% and mine turn out pretty good!
Pelican Castaway 116
The U-Haul Hitch Professional!!!

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

Railroader

Post by Railroader » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:54 am

I just set my camera to take the pics in 640x480, and I never have to re-size nothin'... :cool:

Just a super easy, do it once option... :)
Blackwater Rob...

Southern Salt Command
Bad Tackle 'Ho
Hobie Revolution
OK Scrambler

Freetime

Post by Freetime » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:03 am

Railroader wrote:I just set my camera to take the pics in 640x480, and I never have to re-size nothin'... :cool:

Just a super easy, do it once option... :)
This is not a great option as shooting in lower resolution does not produce the same image as resizing later.

Brianed_09

Post by Brianed_09 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm

I have been using www.tinypic.com lately and it is really simple. You can upload your picture to the site and it will give you the options for resizing( i think it has 5) and a code to copy and paste in your post.
Pelican Castaway 116
The U-Haul Hitch Professional!!!

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

swingking

Post by swingking » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Resizing is not the prob, I have photoshop. I have made pics way smaller than what you guys have mentioned and I still get errors. they are jpeg too. Im not sure what the issue is, lol. Like the avatar asked for 120 kib, I made my pic that size and it still gave me an error. I have changed reg pic to even 300 x 300 and it would not let me upload. Well I will keep trying to troubleshoot, in the mean time, always open to suggestions, thanks for the input so far, Drew

Freetime

Post by Freetime » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:13 am

You do realize that for pictures such as the avatar, you have to match 2 requirements.

1. a pixel size such as 300x300
2. a file size such as 180kb.

You have to be under both requirements to be able to upload it.

swingking

Post by swingking » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:28 am

I got it now, thanks, photobucket was big help, thanks
Hobie Mirage OUtback & Swing King Pro bike

Lance

Great Fishing at Clapboard Clapboard

Post by Lance » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Jax Kayak Fishing.Com is the best. I am a fly fisherman from Maine and staying in Atlantic Beach visiting my daughter’s family. Just a short while after visiting JKF site requesting fishing information, Black Clouser got in touch with me and invited me out last night to fish with him and his friend Mark at Clapboard Creek at low tide. I had one of my best on-the-water experiences. Both Black Clouser and Mark were awesome and were helpful to this newbie by giving me many great tips and a chance to experience his famous Fox Tail Clouser Fly in action. Wow the red fish loved it! Attached is the proof. An added bonus was fishing with another Red Sox Fan.

Lance
Attachments
SCOTT.jpeg
SCOTT.jpeg (53.9 KiB) Viewed 2559 times

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:53 am

KayakMike I beleive you may want to install this mod into the pbpBB admin panel. Its an automatic image resizing mod that will force all images over a certain size that you set to be reduced to that set size. It does NOT reduce the quality of the image and allows for a popout or easy real size viewing of the image when people click the image.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... e_resizer/

I would really recommend this as its essential in all phpBB based forums. I used it back in the day, well the earlier version and its works fantastic. I set the resize size to 800x600 which is large enough to see good detail and small enough that it wont force people to scroll left/right to see photos.
| Sua Sponte |

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:59 am

swingking wrote:Resizing is not the prob, I have photoshop. I have made pics way smaller than what you guys have mentioned and I still get errors. they are jpeg too. Im not sure what the issue is, lol. Like the avatar asked for 120 kib, I made my pic that size and it still gave me an error. I have changed reg pic to even 300 x 300 and it would not let me upload. Well I will keep trying to troubleshoot, in the mean time, always open to suggestions, thanks for the input so far, Drew
120kib is really small but Mike most likely has this set so images stored on the site server does not take up too much of his allotted memory quota. I used to have to deal with this frequently when I was hosted with GoDaddy. Had to set avatars to less than 20Kb and site attachments to less than 5MB. When you have a few thousand active members and they are always posting photos as attachments those images are placed on your host server and easily will eat up your drive quota. When you exceed it they bill you extra every month.
| Sua Sponte |

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |