careful using photobucket

Come in here for help on using the Forums or the Gallery.

Moderator: KayakMike

keastman

careful using photobucket

Post by keastman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:21 pm

I don't know if I'm missing something but when I try to post PB pics here, when I copy the image code and post it, the pic comes up fine in my post. But, if you click on the image in the post, it will take you to my PB library and you can veiw all my pics. Not that I have anything private in my library but I don't want access by everyone. So the work around that I have found is to delete the first line in the image code that that shows up on your post from PB. That will post the image only and not allow access to your library. I know others on here are not aware of that because I've clicked on some images and got access to their libraries.

Perhaps there are settings on PB that can be adjusted to only post the image and not allow access to the library. I'm not exactly the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to computer use. Hell I don't even have a smart phone.

SuaSponte

Re: careful using photobucket

Post by SuaSponte » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:26 pm

This is standard to Photobucket, you ahve to change the permissions/privacy in your account settings. People don't like micromanaging their accounts and choose to use a simpler image host such as IMGUR.
| Sua Sponte |

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

keastman

Re: careful using photobucket

Post by keastman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Oh, Thanks, When I first started using PB it used to only allow access to the image I posted. I guess I'll have to set the privacy settings on it now.