Great Captain's Meeting and Congrats!

Kayak fishing tournaments and special event discussion.

Moderators: Rich.FlyFishJaX, KayakMike

KayakMike

Great Captain's Meeting and Congrats!

Post by KayakMike » Sat May 12, 2012 7:03 am

Great Captain's Meeting last night JKFers! Based on early returns we have already raised approx $33,000 net for charities and we still have 4 kayaks and a ton of goodies to raffle at the check-in today! That is amazing and you folks rock! :clap:

Thanks for putting up with our sound system issues, they are now worked out ;)

Very windy this morning so I hope everyone is going slowly and safely as they fish in the wind :salute:

Here are the some of the kayak winners from last night, starting with that rascal JohnYaksJax winning a Hobie Revo 11!

Hobie Revo 11 (Black Creek Outfitters) - John "JYJ" Stewart
Ocean Kayak Tetra 12 Angler - John Lee (Team Emotion)
Malibu XFactor - Thomas Leavy-Steele
Diablo Adios - Jessie Goar
Old Town Dirigo 120 Angler - Cindy Flowers
"This is my signature not my facebook page."

RLend

Re: Great Captain's Meeting and Congrats!

Post by RLend » Sat May 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Outstanding event all the way around. The captains meeting and the awards banquet both were top notch. The highlight of the weekend was the cheer leading team from the Down Syndrome Foundation. If that did not tug at your heart strings nothing will. Thanks to the sponsors and everyone involved for a classy event for a great cause. :salute:
Hobie Pro Angler 12
Hobie Outback

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Sun May 13, 2012 2:34 am

Hello KayakMike and THANKS for the update on the $$$ raised for children's charities......and it appears that the Classic will have raised about $250,000 since you started this site in late 2004.....AMAZING!!!

I honestly feel this year went more smoothly and quickly that the last few years, so THANKS to all the volunteers who assisted you....every facit of this year's Classic went well and it is always great to see both old and new friends there!!

Michelle is amazing.....she works tirelessly, so thanks to her too!!
Great job by all involved!!
JohnYaksJax

PS1: Thx for the "mention" above.....and YES it was odd loading that Hobie Revolution 11 on top of the old Corolla today and I did it during a "break" in the action so I had plenty oF assistance....it seems to fit pretty well, but it looks funny on my rack and "old blue" aka Mountain Mama sure is lonely sitting on my back porch!!!

PS2: Also a BIG THANKS to "IslandSpeed2001".......and Polar Bear Coolers ROCK!!! I have over 400 trips on my first one, and the new one looks awesome!!!

SRAces

Post by SRAces » Sun May 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Mike,

Thanks for putting on a wonderful event. While the conditions were a little challenging, the 2 days were a great time! This was my first kayak tournement and will be now be on my schedule every year. It was a great time with a lot of fellow kayakers.

The support for the charity is fantastic! The cheerleaders sure did tug at your heart strings! Many thanks to all the sponsors and the volunteers that contiune to make this the premier kayak fishing event. Can't wait until next year!

John,

Thanks for help in getting me going in the Jax area. Since you're retiring "old blue" for that new Hobie Mirage drive powered kayak, here's a parting shot from Friday.

Last edited by SRAces on Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Sea Grass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Sun May 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey Steve....THANKS for sharint that great picture with us.....and "Old Blue".....aka "Mountain Mama" will not be retired just yet...

I will need her for a Smallmouth Bass event on the New River north of Charlote, NC in Sept......and other small rivers where "bouncing down the rocks and shoals" is best done in a paddle kayak......LOL!!

Some/many of the Old Gang will remember our buddy SteveFishes who now lives in Michigan...and he is joining me at the New River Outting.......

You have learned very quickly and very well, and it is always fun fishing with you.....when are we doing it again??? :scratch:

Take care and Hello to your bride and thanks for the BIG TIN of cookies!!!
John