Congratulations to Matt Chipperfield!

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Fish & Paddle

Re: Congratulations to Matt Chipperfield!

Post by Fish & Paddle » Mon May 16, 2016 9:35 am

Congrats on the win, Matt! :salute: I think you could have won a SUP race too on Saturday, you were rippin' through the water on that Bote!
Sandy

Native Slayer Propel 13 (Copperhead)
Native Slayer Propel 10 (LIzard Lick)

JeffreyMcGovern

Post by JeffreyMcGovern » Mon May 16, 2016 10:08 am

That is a fantastic picture. Hmm might have rethink paddleboards. The fish is huge and he looks like one happy guy. Great job on the water. Hard work pays off! :)

Taylormade

Post by Taylormade » Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 am

Congrats to Matt!!!

Now when are you available to start taking people out??? :beg:

Kris

jman82

Post by jman82 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:21 am

Congrats Matt! Epic day on the water and awesome once in a lifetime PB Trout. You put in the work and got the win. Couldn't have gone to a better guy.
2015 Slayer Propel 13

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon May 16, 2016 11:45 am

Congrats man. That's an impressive slam. Glad the win went to someone who takes the time to post reports/intel to the forum.

HoosierPaddler

Post by HoosierPaddler » Mon May 16, 2016 11:50 am

Congrats to you...Big numbers...my friend won your chartered kayak trip you donated....he is excited to fish with the best
Winner and Champion of the 1st annual "2008 BOOB- A-Q Trout Shoot Out"
Voted Outstanding "Zilch" Player Pellicer Creek 2007/2008
Undisputed and Undefeated Washers Champion Pellicer Creek 2008
JaxKayak Freakin Moron - Pro-Staff

MrTopWater

Post by MrTopWater » Mon May 16, 2016 12:32 pm

Congratulations on the win Matt! That is an impressive score and that new PB trout is a fish of a lifetime. You grinded all day and it paid off.

It was nice to finally meet you in person at the weigh in.
Kevin

Native Mariner 12.5
Diablo Paddlesports Adios

Plan B

Post by Plan B » Mon May 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Freakin Awesome! :thumbright:

JohnYaksJax

Post by JohnYaksJax » Mon May 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Matt.....Congrats on winning the Slam this year, and for setting a new Classic Slam Record!!

Pretty certain that you fished your "home turf", and your many hours down there paid off!! :|

Plus, that new PR/PB trout was a Monster Gator!!
WTG.....JohnYaksJax
Last edited by JohnYaksJax on Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trapper Jeff

Post by Trapper Jeff » Mon May 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Congratulations Matt that was a banner day for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Prostaff - Native Watercraft
Native Mariner 12.5
Native Slayer Propel
Team SureSet

JohnnyG

Post by JohnnyG » Tue May 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Congrats Matt! Glad to see the hard work, time and hustle you've put in out there in Guana line up with some killer luck to bring you a solid win!

Dreads0518

Post by Dreads0518 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Congratulations on an impressive win!! :thumbright:
After extensive, diligent, and scholarly research, there is NO evidence that life should be so serious.
Ultimate 14.5

ChippMatt

Post by ChippMatt » Wed May 18, 2016 11:27 am

Guys... I am really overwhelmed by the show of support from friends and family in the angling community. This has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I am forever grateful for the opportunity.

Allen, thank you for this post. I read every word with an ear to ear smile. Thank you for being such a genuine friend and offering much needed guidance to a kid who just wants to fish.

Thank you to Chris for taking what has to be the most clutch photo in tournament history. I'm stoked we got to share that moment bud, I'll never forget it.

Thank you to Eddie for his encouragement. My goal for this tournament was to compete with Eddie in the trout division and stand on the podium next to the "big show". He barely knew me, but constantly assured me I would be standing up there. Thank you for that bud, it means a lot.

Thank you to Kevin for his kind words at the ceremony and rooting for my slam; thank you to Josh B, John G, Jimmy, Dale and the rest of my Jax Yak clients for trusting me; thank you to Roland Bassman, Yooper, Dogyak, Texas Dave, Jax Creek, Gumby, Weimed, Fish and Paddle, Trapper Jeff, Taylormade, Jman, Chris, Plan B and everyone else who follows my reports, I hope to meet all of you one day.

Thank you to the admins and original members of this site who have worked so hard to keep this online community going. You guys are so accepting of newcomers like myself and it has helped me both professionally and personally. Dreads, KayakMike, Hoosier, JohnYaks, Jeff M...thank you for allowing me to be a part of this site. I know I'm probably leaving people out, I apologize I'm still trying to figure out who everyone is lol.

Thank you to North Guana Outpost for giving me an opportunity to do what I love. I was just a an avid fisherman when they gave me a chance to guide for them. I haven't looked back and I couldn't have made it here without them.

And lastly, but certainly not the least, thank you to Craig, Jessica, Judson and the many other volunteers/donors/sponsors for helping put together one of the best tournaments I've ever been in. You guys clearly care about this event and it shows big time. You put forth the extra effort to make sure all contestants are acknowledged and given a fair chance to be on the podium. This was my first year, and I wouldn't change a thing. The format, the digital weigh in, the freedom of choice to execute a plan...its all there and it seems perfect to me. The format you guys worked so hard on allowed me to have the most exhilarating fishing experience of my life. I've played competitive soccer all the way through college in massive stadiums, and I can tell you when I landed that flounder with 15 minutes to spare, I was more charged in that moment than any in my sporting career. Thank you for making that possible, I will never forget that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Chip's | Coastal | Charters
__ SKIFF - SUP - YAK - GUIDE__

jmdesignz2

Post by jmdesignz2 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Matt!
I know it was down to the wire - I saw you catch that flounder :)

Glad I did not crowd you as I did not know what was really at stake until I looked at the prize list afterwards - wow

congrats!

Joe

Kahuna13

Post by Kahuna13 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Matt,
First and foremost, let me apologize for not congratulating you before now. Saw the thread and kinda thought "meh, Matt don't me and I don't know Matt, he's gettin plenty o congrats, mine don't matter..." Ya know, other than knowing who you are from your badass pics and reports on here...much appreciated by the way!

Anyway, know ya or don't....In light of reading some other threads going on around here, I really felt compelled to come over here and tell you..... CONGRATUDAMNLATIONS MAN!!!!!! :salute:

You managed to pull off a day that a lot of us will go to our grave wishing we coulda' had....and on a tournament day!!! And your FIRST damn time fishing the Classic!!! DUUUUUUDE!! You had a plan and you worked the shit out of it and there really ain't enough Kudos to give ya'!

Congratulations man.......whata day, whata day!