Magazines???

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

f86sabjf

Magazines???

Post by f86sabjf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Any good kayak fishing mags out there? I prefer something I can hold in my hand versus digital if possible .

Tight lines

JohnYaksJax

Re: Magazines???

Post by JohnYaksJax » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:31 am

Hello F86sabjf.....just saw this and wanted to reply before I crashed for the night....

There are many "free newspaper quality" rags that you can find nearly anywhere....especially in Bait & Tackle shops and nearly any local B&T or similar store.
I actually like them since they are fairly "local" and have fishing reports by local people and advertise the local shops.....

The high end "glossy paper" magazines are more statewide in nature and are pretty full of advertising by high end sponsors. The three that I grab occasionally at Publix or someplace are:
1 - Saltwater Angler....typically how I fish here in Florida.
2 - Florida Sportsman magazine...which covers all of Florida and covers fresh and saltwater angling and also some hunting articles. Not very "local" for my tastes, but they do have regional updates and fishing reports. Also, their website/forum has a TON of info and many local JAX people go in there.
3 - Florida Sport Fishing....another glossy magazine which I saw recently at Publix....I only have one issue, but I like it pretty well.
JohnYaksJax
PS: I only grab these occasionally altho there are very good deals on multi-year subscriptions for all of them and include some free swag...T-shirts and hats and stuff. Each copy has several subscription mail in post cards.....

f86sabjf

Re: Magazines???

Post by f86sabjf » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 am

Thanks