Ideas on a Kayak Rack with Tonneau Cover for Truck?

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

hydrophilic

Post by hydrophilic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:06 am

After a few years of using a Thule Xsporter on a F150, I am looking for a rack and tonneau cover. I never really liked the way the Xsporter mounted to the bedrails as they distorted the factory rail cover. The adjustable part was good and the rack is solid. However, it leaves no viable way to cover the bed.

I am considering an
ACCESS® LORADO® Roll-Up Cover & ADARAC™ Truck Bed Rack System Combo.

I looked at the BakFlip CS and was turned off by some rather stinging reviews.

I am even considering a bed cap with cross bars but I am hesitant because of the weight and the chore of removing and re-installing if hauling larger cargo like an ATV.

Please let me know what you use or have used.

Thank You - John

f86sabjf

Post by f86sabjf » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 am

Look at the Peragon bed covers. I believe they will work with what your trying to do. I have one and absolutely love it. If you contact them they will respond quickly . Great customer service .

hydrophilic

Re: Ideas on a Kayak Rack with Tonneau Cover for Truck?

Post by hydrophilic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:49 am

Peragon was on my short list. They appear to be Cadillac. I like that they appear extremely secure. Have you had any experience with soft top tonneau covers?

f86sabjf

Post by f86sabjf » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:54 am

No exp with soft tonneau but I do drive a F150 short bed and have had my Peragon cover on a little over year. No issues except for a sticky lock assy which they replaced as soon as I called them. Fit and finish are great. I've had a few drops of water get thru but nothing I would worry about. I got there's just to be able to lock it along with my tailgate to create a fairly secure place.