Solo Skiff Rally -Canceled /To Be Rescheduled

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Reel Rebel

Solo Skiff Rally -Canceled /To Be Rescheduled

Post by Reel Rebel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:37 pm

This has become the official thread for the Solo Rally

Saw there might be a SSRD on the 17th...is that still a possibility? If so, would you allow a Redneck/Cajun to come visit?

I'm considering making the drive from N'Awlin's and doing a little fishing...maybe leave here Thursday and search some Florida Slime on Fri-Sun. What part of Jacksonville area should I lodge (Hilton property preferred)?

I promise to bring some jambalaya, gumbo, King Cake or Abita beverages... :joker:
Solo Skiff Rotomold (light gray) w/Suzuki 6hp

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"

Dreads0518

Re: Solo Rally Day

Post by Dreads0518 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't own a SOLO (yet), but I know most of the guys on this site that do...
So, I will say, Your more than welcome to join these guys for the SOLO rally.......... :happy2: :happy3: :happy2:
Not sure where the rally location is?
As far as lodging goes, there's quite a few Hiltons and their affiliates in the area. Just goggle Hilton Jacksonville..

Jerry, help a guy out....
After extensive, diligent, and scholarly research, there is NO evidence that life should be so serious.
Ultimate 14.5

67197mlk

Re: Solo Skiff Rally Day

Post by 67197mlk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:23 pm

I know we are doing one that day, but no solid plans yet where to meet. I am leaving the planning up to the more senior guys here who have been here longer than i have and have better locations. As far as lodging, it depnds on what side of town you would like to stay on. Depending on cost, im a cabin kind of person or quiet lodging kind of guy. I know some good fishing holes, but since we are all spread out, i dont know a good central location. I hear a lot of talk about simpsons creek. Never fished it, but its an idea. Mill cove is a nice idea. i also like sisters creek, hanna mills. I do have a solo, and it is the bomb!!
Solo Skiff w/ 2018 5hp Tohatsu 4 stroke (it is crazy silent!)

islandspeed2001

Post by islandspeed2001 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:44 pm

We are considering Mill Cove or Guana.

You are more than welcome to join us. We will finalize location within next 2 days.
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

67197mlk

Post by 67197mlk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:51 pm

I have never fished guana. That would be interesting!! And for the record, this is a Solo Skiff event, but I think the invite is to anyone who wants to attend. Could be a good moment for Solo Skiff. I sure could use a Solo Skiff fishing shirt... :walk:

Reel Rebel

Post by Reel Rebel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:28 pm

islandspeed2001 wrote:We are considering Mill Cove or Guana.

You are more than welcome to join us. We will finalize location within next 2 days.
Well, I wasn't trying to hijack the idea...but wanted to start making plans if it were going to happen. Not 100% I'll be there but really like the idea of getting together and seeing other rigging aficionados, not to mention fishing a different area.

I'll keep an eye on the board...also, I may have started this thread in the wrong area...feel free to move us to the "event" area if needed.

Tee shirts...LIKE IT! :-B

BTW, anyone is welcome to come join me in Hopedale, Delacroix, Golden Meadow, Leeville, Buras, Venice, Cocodrie, etc if you want to come to the Louisisana marsh. Solo's fit the area PERFECT!

67197mlk

Post by 67197mlk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:41 pm

I think we've thrown you under the bus, tom, in the tee shirt dept... But i am very proud of my solo ksiff and get lots of compliments... I am more than willing to purchase one. And again, JKF shirts?! Keith, if i see you again with one on, im taking it from you.... With all due respect...

Reel Rebel

Post by Reel Rebel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:52 pm

67197mlk wrote:I think we've thrown you under the bus, tom, in the tee shirt dept... But i am very proud of my solo ksiff and get lots of compliments... I am more than willing to purchase one. And again, JKF shirts?! Keith, if i see you again with one on, im taking it from you.... With all due respect...
Wasn't expecting anything free...but would love to purchase some Solo schwag... :cool:

stacktester

Post by stacktester » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:07 pm

I heard this website is getting a new name. Jaxsoloskifffishing.com.

islandspeed2001

Post by islandspeed2001 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:10 pm

stacktester wrote:I heard this website is getting a new name. Jaxsoloskifffishing.com.
Several years ago it was talk about pedal craft. Then SUP's. Now it is something different :thumbleft: At least we are keeping it to a couple of threads.... If no one else has anything new and exciting to talk about, they can read both these threads :)
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

Dreads0518

Post by Dreads0518 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:18 pm

islandspeed2001 wrote:
stacktester wrote:I heard this website is getting a new name. Jaxsoloskifffishing.com.
Several years ago it was talk about pedal craft. Then SUP's. Now it is something different :thumbleft: At least we are keeping it to a couple of threads.... If no one else has anything new and exciting to talk about, they can read both these threads :)

It's called evolution.
After extensive, diligent, and scholarly research, there is NO evidence that life should be so serious.
Ultimate 14.5

islandspeed2001

Re: Solo Skiff Rally Day - January 17, 2015

Post by islandspeed2001 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:21 pm

You will note that I have edited the subject line to show the date of the rally. This will become the official thread for talk about the upcoming rally.
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

stacktester

Post by stacktester » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Jerry I was just kidding. It's great to see these craft out there. What's even greater is it's an affordable craft that can get you where you need to go.

67197mlk

Post by 67197mlk » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:47 pm

I just like being a part of a like minded community willing to help. I just happen to be in a solo.... My buddy gave me grief having one, but had no problem getting towed up stream!!! I ultimately love fishing and dont care who is on what. If you want to talk fishing, sign me up!!!

EIGHTWGT

Post by EIGHTWGT » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:11 am

Reel Rebel wrote:Saw there might be a SSRD on the 17th...is that still a possibility? If so, would you allow a Redneck/Cajun to come visit?

I'm considering making the drive from N'Awlin's and doing a little fishing...maybe leave here Thursday and search some Florida Slime on Fri-Sun. What part of Jacksonville area should I lodge (Hilton property preferred)?

I promise to bring some jambalaya, gumbo, King Cake or Abita beverages... :joker:

We like Cajuns ! :cheers:
SOLOSKIFF.COM