Possible Fraud- S.A. Company-Face Shields-Just checking

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

TRW

Possible Fraud- S.A. Company-Face Shields-Just checking

Post by TRW » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:44 am

Guys,

I saw the post on "Face Shields" and thought it too good to be true. On 10/30/15 I ordered 5 face shields that have never shipped, yet they charged my credit card that day. My credit card company, 3 months ago, sent me a new card with a new number and it has very few charges. Since this charged I've had 5 charges in the amounts ranging $ 922 to 924 plus a Foreign transaction charge of $ 9.23 each time charged. I don't know but I'm concerned it may have had something to do with my charge at SA Company. Has anyone else had this experience. If so I'd love to let my credit card company know and the rest of you would know not to order from this company. Hopefully this hasn't been a problem for anyone else and this is a reputable company.

SuaSponte

Re: Possible Fraud- S.A. Company-Face Shields-Just checking

Post by SuaSponte » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:29 pm

I don't know what the deal is lately with them. They have been emailing all kinds of good deals too. The Veterans Day deal was 80% off! I ordered mine back during the other big discount like two weeks ago and have received nothing. I believe several people even complained about this.
| Sua Sponte |

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:35 pm

I just called and spoke to the lady. 4of5 of my face shields are in stock and they are waiting on the 5th. I asked them to just mail out what they have and they are doing that and will mail the 5th when they arrive.

So I am pretty sure all of these things are made in China and then shipped to their office in Boca Raton, Florida.
| Sua Sponte |

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

islandspeed2001

Post by islandspeed2001 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:15 pm

They are good. If out of one of the items you ordered, they will hold the entire order till they receive the missing item. Suggest you call them and check on status of order.
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

TRW

Post by TRW » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks, I feel better about the order but has anyone checked their credit card account to see if their are any improper charges? Since there has been so few charges on this charge there hasn't been much exposure for this card number to get out. Now I'm wondering if their computer system has been hacked. Not necessarily them but they were the last charge before the fraudulent charges began.

Thanks again, please check your credit card charges.

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:53 pm

TRW wrote:Thanks, I feel better about the order but has anyone checked their credit card account to see if their are any improper charges? Since there has been so few charges on this charge there hasn't been much exposure for this card number to get out. Now I'm wondering if their computer system has been hacked. Not necessarily them but they were the last charge before the fraudulent charges began.

Thanks again, please check your credit card charges.
Checked mine and nothing was irregular.
| Sua Sponte |

| 904-256-4985 |

Dreads0518

Post by Dreads0518 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:17 pm

So far Ive received 4 out of 5 ordered....
I take it a lot of people ordered the USA Reversible..

No odd charges on my account............
After extensive, diligent, and scholarly research, there is NO evidence that life should be so serious.
Ultimate 14.5

Cichan

Post by Cichan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Same here... 1 of my 5 was backordered (the Police Appreciation one I think). Girl on the phone said she'd send the other 4 separately but I still haven't gotten them so I doubt she did. I'm sure they're just a small business with TONS of orders. I ordered some face shields and arm sleeves from Swamp Slayer last year which is basically the same company and I remember it taking a while to get the stuff due to stock issues and they eventually just replaced stuff in my order with what they had in stock.

Although no weird activity on my card, I did just get a new one last week because a vendor I purchased at had a breach. So very well may have been them. Sucks cause it’s a good product for super cheap.

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:13 pm

I just received the four of five order. Honestly I'm not really impressed with the quality of material. Its really, really thin stuff. But then these are the first buffs I ever ordered.
| Sua Sponte |

| 904-256-4985 |

islandspeed2001

Post by islandspeed2001 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:44 pm

SuaSponte wrote:I just received the four of five order. Honestly I'm not really impressed with the quality of material. Its really, really thin stuff. But then these are the first buffs I ever ordered.
At less than $5 each, they rock. The original Buff brand aren't that much better :thumbleft:
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:53 pm

islandspeed2001 wrote:At less than $5 each, they rock. The original Buff brand aren't that much better :thumbleft:
I'm going to be taking mine to my seamstress lady so she can hem up the top and bottom. I just foresee them fraying quickly. That's just one thing I think could be improved on their design. Not saying I'm not satisfied but I always hold everything to a pretty high standard even when it's YGWYPF.
| Sua Sponte |

| 904-256-4985 |