Monthly Box of Tackle

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

CJ_Tiz

Monthly Box of Tackle

Post by CJ_Tiz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:03 am

Does anyone purchase any of the monthly tackle boxes on line? For example "Lucky Tackle Box."

PabloPaddler

Re: Monthly Box of Tackle

Post by PabloPaddler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 am

I receive the "Mystery Tackle Box". My cousin bought it for me as a wedding gift since he knows my love for fishing. Have had some really nice plastics come through and some nice hard lures. Jigs haven't been worth a darn but its kind of cool. You typically get 6 unique items all in small sample sized portions (2 Jigs in a pack) (3 Plastics in a pack) (2 Hooks) etc. Personally I wouldn't buy this for myself as I know what I like to fish but it has had me throwing some different styles and colors.

Got an awesome looking 5" mullet plug I want to use but haven't yet. Most items seem geared toward intercoastal fishing, not sure if they chose that or that's just my luck
Yellow Ocean Kayak Trident 11

mcrewsz71

Post by mcrewsz71 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:36 am

I've looked into the mystery tackle box and they have different boxes for freshwater and inshore saltwater. My brother gets the freshwater/bass fishing box and it's hit or miss from month to month.
-Matt

CJ_Tiz

Post by CJ_Tiz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:58 pm

I asked a guy at work and he did the Mystery Box and was disappointed. All sample packs. Lucky Tackle Box he's had a lot better luck with. But he's a Bass fisherman. I wasn't sure if anyone here had an opinion on the topic.

keastman

Post by keastman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 pm

I have enough miscellaneous fishing stuff following me home from local trips to the local stores that end up in my fishing museum, let alone having someone send me more every month!