Shrimping?

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

mcrewsz71

Re: Shrimping?

Post by mcrewsz71 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Sure Catch wrote:My season is pretty much done may go a few more times but my freezer is full for the year, I have been 4 times and everytime loaded up this was a week and a half ago
Oh how I envy you right now haha
-Matt

CJ_Tiz

Post by CJ_Tiz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 pm

nice cooler full

acrook

Post by acrook » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:57 pm

would now still be good to come down and attempt to cast net shrimp? Better to go in evening? Any other tips appreciated. Good public location for few guys traveling down from Valdosta?

jaxcreek

Post by jaxcreek » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Went last weekend shrimping at Shands pier and caught two full bags of shrimp. It was my first time shrimping so I'm happy with it but I'd like to find a place that's closer to the Jax Beach. Did anyone try Reddy Point, it looks like a spot with potential?
Native Slayer 10
Solo Skiff
A BAD DAY FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

mcrewsz71

Post by mcrewsz71 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:44 am

It's getting harder and harder to find public spots to shrimp from shore. The school board downtown used to be the place but someone trashed it and the people that live down there complained so now the whole river walk is off limits.

They should be big right now if you can find them! I'd like to find a spot off Heckscher.
-Matt

weimed

Post by weimed » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:03 am

I was at shands pier 2 weeks ago right before sunset. Thing was packed and everyone trying to get the best spot possible. Dudes with tarps, big led lights, other duded were fishing and some dude had a bucket full of bluecrab waiting tp shrimp he was crabbing. Did not seem to friendly of a place. Gotta get there early secure a spot and sit in the heat till nightfall

mcrewsz71

Post by mcrewsz71 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:25 am

weimed wrote:I was at shands pier 2 weeks ago right before sunset. Thing was packed and everyone trying to get the best spot possible. Dudes with tarps, big led lights, other duded were fishing and some dude had a bucket full of bluecrab waiting tp shrimp he was crabbing. Did not seem to friendly of a place. Gotta get there early secure a spot and sit in the heat till nightfall
I've heard of people getting into fights over a spot out there
-Matt