knew it was coming

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Sure Catch

knew it was coming

Post by Sure Catch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 pm

Wilderness has its new yak coming out at I cast, looks nice.. Pedal power similar to natives but this can be electric or man power.. The art of kayak fishing is turning and soon everything will be peddle power.. Looks like they may have reverse.. I see all coming with reverse, without it ur a dinosaur... Looking forward to looking at it at I cast.. Curious if its belt or chain driving...
Last edited by Sure Catch on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hustle in silence, let your success make the noise!!
SureSet Jigs
Werner paddles
Native watercraft
MirrOlure

islandspeed2001

Re: knew it was coming

Post by islandspeed2001 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:10 pm

"Never back-up when you should be going forward" ;)
Solo Skiff Pro Staff
Polar Bear Coolers
Power Pole

Sure Catch

Post by Sure Catch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Just the way of the future... Really is and the others realize it... Again like looks interesting, looking forward to looking at it
SureSet Jigs
Werner paddles
Native watercraft
MirrOlure

SuaSponte

Post by SuaSponte » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Link to verify this information.
| Sua Sponte |

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

Ring King

Post by Ring King » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:23 pm

I'd love reverse but not at the expense of having a propellor under the hull! I fish way too much grass and drives that utilize a propellor just get hung up and bound up in it. A friend that fished with me in my last tournament was in a Slayer Propel 10 and had to fish most of the morning under paddle power with his drive pulled up in front of him while I simply fluttered the Mirage drive pedals and was able to maneuver around with no problem. For open water or deep water it works like a champ but for fishing grass it's just not the best tool for the job.
2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2014 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2017 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2017 Hobie Outback

DaiwaNut

Post by DaiwaNut » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:44 pm

ImageImageImage

SeaDog

Post by SeaDog » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Peddle power is cool but I sold my Native propel and went Bach to a paddle as IMO is not kayaking unles your paddleing
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
"Wow! What a ride!"

Dreads0518

Post by Dreads0518 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Only a matter of time....
According to Wilderness, the video is just a small teaser..
I think they going for the big prize at ICAST...... :D
After extensive, diligent, and scholarly research, there is NO evidence that life should be so serious.
Ultimate 14.5

Sure Catch

Post by Sure Catch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Keith I agree, they may get it.. I think every company will end up with a pedal power.. Tourneys don't allow motors so I assume they can just remove the batt.. Ring king grass does suck, but glad no grass is around here but with that said grass sucks for everyone and it showed at the afwc in 2014 cause hobies nor natives were going though it.. They both were paddling..
SureSet Jigs
Werner paddles
Native watercraft
MirrOlure

southboundchicken

Post by southboundchicken » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:38 pm

I can see it giving some guys more range or maybe folks who are handicapped or otherwise hampered by a certain condition but for the true lowtide Connoisseur a padlle will always be the way

52cobra

Post by 52cobra » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

"You Can't Back Up, If you Ain't Got It either:!

52cobra

Post by 52cobra » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 pm

that';s total BS Ring KIng, I've owned my Native Ultimate Propel 12" for going on 3 full years, and it has the simple Native stationary bicycle theory with a carbon fiber small power prop, I've fished in every state that has water with it, I fish in less than 6" of water when I land the big over sized reds, and I've never had one single issue with the propel driven prop on my Ultimate, would not trade it for any thing in the world, plus, it's super light weight to move, load and portage, I'm soon to be 63, and have zero issues loading and unloading by myself, zero use for trailer, no ramps needed, loads up in my Ford Ranger 4X4 truck bed, ties down for total security with Master Kryponite steel braided cables run through SS eye hooks mounted to the trucks rail bed, I love the back wards movement when I seddenly realize that I have come up on a bunch of tailing red's in front of a oyster bed, quietly back up, stake out, cast out in front using the drift of the tides and current, bingo slam time!

Sure Catch

Post by Sure Catch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 pm

I didn't want it to turn into which is better thing.. Let's keep it clean, everyone has certain needs and etc.. Different strokes for different folks.. Just glad to see the sport growing and coming up with new stuff.. Its good for everyone..
SureSet Jigs
Werner paddles
Native watercraft
MirrOlure

keastman

Post by keastman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 am

Funny thing is that technology has been around for years and is now becoming more popular and perfected in kayaks. I have a Seacycle that can be a single or double pedal drive that I have had for about 14 years. It was great to fish out of when I lived on Lake Erie but has had little use here because of it's size and transporting it. It has pontoon poly hulls and is 17' long.

jaxjag44

Post by jaxjag44 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:57 am

Mind control steering will be next. If you make it big with that, please send royalties! Thanks.

Camelback water packs was my idea on a long hot run in Tennessee years ago....they have yet to send me any royalties!