Haulover on tourny day

Kayak fishing main forum.

Moderators: GASMAN, HoosierPaddler, islandspeed2001, Dreads0518

Matty-MVF

Haulover on tourny day

Post by Matty-MVF » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 am

I didn't sign up for the tourny this year because I waited too long... But I did fish on tourny day. I was in Haulover and had so so luck with a few flounder caught. However, while I was there I met a real nice guy putting his Ocean Kayak in at the same time as me... We laughed about how neither of us were in the tourny so we would catch all the fish lol. Well he did. He got a slam that measured in at 64 1/2 inches!! I Told You That Would Have Won!!! lol... oh well, maybe next year!
Matty -

OCEAN KAYAK PROWLER 13

SRAces

Re: Haulover on tourny day

Post by SRAces » Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Matty-MVF wrote:I didn't sign up for the tourny this year because I waited too long... But I did fish on tourny day. I was in Haulover and had so so luck with a few flounder caught. However, while I was there I met a real nice guy putting his Ocean Kayak in at the same time as me... We laughed about how neither of us were in the tourny so we would catch all the fish lol. Well he did. He got a slam that measured in at 64 1/2 inches!! I Told You That Would Have Won!!! lol... oh well, maybe next year!

Matty,

If you saw someone in a Dune colored Hobie Pro Angler...that was me! It was a tough day there! I managed to catch a half dozen fish and only one flatty that I took a picture of for the tournament. If you see me out in the future...paddle over and say hello!

Regards,
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Sea Grass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya

Matty-MVF

Re: Haulover on tourny day

Post by Matty-MVF » Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 pm

I believe I did see you out there. I had the teal OK prowler 13 and was with my brother in law who had the fiberglass sit inside yak. If I see you out there again I'll be sure to coast up and say hi!!

Matty
Matty -

OCEAN KAYAK PROWLER 13