Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oak Harbor Boat Ramp
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50 am 

looking to step away from my home turf "Guana River" and explore new waters.....anyone fish oak harbor area? is the ramp deep enough for a gheenoe? hoping to take the wife out this weekend and put her on some reds?

#fisherofmen

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Oak Harbor Boat Ramp
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:37 pm 

Hello SaltwaterGospel and Welcome to JKF!!

Not bragging, but I have over 200 trips up at Oak Harbor in my kayaks and I have taken almost 150 people/newbies there to fish..and NOBODY ever got "skunked" there with me "guiding" them around O/H...and I have the dubious title of "Mayor of Oak Harbor"...LOL!!

I have gone with a friend in a Gheenoe twice and we did fine with Low Tide...but O/H is best at 1/2 way before Dead Low and 1/2 way before High Tide....and I prefer it during that 6 hour window. I NEVER fish there on weekends due to the obnoxious drunks at the ramp..which is only 1 1/2 lanes wide.

Fish there on weekdays if you can and try to fish the last of the Outgoing and the first of the Incoming and Good Luck!!
JohnYaksJax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:38 am 

JohnYaksJax wrote:

Not bragging, but I have over 200 trips up at Oak Harbor in my kayaks and I have taken almost 150 people/newbies there to fish..and NOBODY ever got "skunked" there with me "guiding" them around O/H...and I have the dubious title of "Mayor of Oak Harbor"...LOL!!

I have gone with a friend in a Gheenoe twice and we did fine with Low Tide...but O/H is best at 1/2 way before Dead Low and 1/2 way before High Tide....and I prefer it during that 6 hour window. I NEVER fish there on weekends due to the obnoxious drunks at the ramp..which is only 1 1/2 lanes wide.

Fish there on weekdays if you can and try to fish the last of the Outgoing and the first of the Incoming and Good Luck!!
JohnYaksJax

john..or should i say Mayor John lol...i didn't make it to oak harbor; however i did try some other new water (Ft George Inlet).....went left out of the boat ramp (alamacani boat ramp) to the mouth of simpsons creek....it's all new water for me and really just was a day of exploring which included a few small trout.....nevertheless always fun!!!! thanks again, hope to see you around!

#fisherofmen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:43 am 

Mossbnp wrote:
JohnYaksJax wrote:

JohnYaksJax

john..or should i say Mayor John lol...i didn't make it to oak harbor; however i did try some other new water (Ft George Inlet).....went left out of the boat ramp (alamacani boat ramp) to the mouth of simpsons creek....it's all new water for me and really just was a day of exploring which included a few small trout.....nevertheless always fun!!!! thanks again, hope to see you around!

#fisherofmen

Attachments:
IMG_1374.jpg
IMG_1374.jpg [ 29.47 KiB | Viewed 296 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:02 pm 

Hello Mossbnp and Others....I did not give myself that title of "Mayor" but someone else gave it to me...and it stuck...and a girlfriend even had a couple of baseball caps made with the "logo" on it....

I have 3-4 buds in town right now from VA, NC, NC, and a guys grandson flew in from Colorado. Pretty sure they will try Oak Harbor tomorrow and I will "try" to join them there....will let you know how they/we did there when it occurs....Take care...JYJ