Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:38 am 

My brother and I fished the ICW from his boat on Saturday and we both caught a variety of fish. It was a busy day on the water, lots of boat traffic, but the bite was still good. I caught two over-slot Reds with a Gulp Jerk Shad while working the grass line. We posted up on some deeper spots, dropped down some bait, and caught Reds, Blue Fish, a small Bonnet Head Shark, and numerous Whiting.

Attachments:
ICW Redfish (03-30-19) (1).jpg
ICW Redfish (03-30-19) (1).jpg [ 44.06 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]
ICW Redfish (03-30-19) (2).jpg
ICW Redfish (03-30-19) (2).jpg [ 83.6 KiB | Viewed 479 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:15 am 

[quote="Mudfish"]My brother and I fished the ICW from his boat on Saturday and we both caught a variety of fish. It was a busy day on the water, lots of boat traffic, but the bite was still good. I caught two over-slot Reds with a Gulp Jerk Shad while working the grass line. We posted up on some deeper spots, dropped down some bait, and caught Reds, Blue Fish, a small Bonnet Head Shark, and numerous Whiting.[/quote

nice man!!! hoping to get out this weekend myself and bend a rod!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:33 pm 

Nice Catch! I just recently bought a couple of cheap kayaks and trying to get my gf to fall in love with fishing. She keeps slaying flounder at Dutton island but still waiting on her first red.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 pm 

Thanks, SaltwaterGospel & SlotEnthusiast!
SlotEnthusiast wrote:
Nice Catch! I just recently bought a couple of cheap kayaks and trying to get my gf to fall in love with fishing. She keeps slaying flounder at Dutton island but still waiting on her first red.

SlotEnthusiast,
Reds of all sizes are abundant in the creeks right now. I've been catching them with regularity from Fernandina to Flagler and creeks in-between. IMO, Flounder are trickier than Reds to hook and land, so it's just a matter of time before her bait/lure lands in front of a Red and she will be hooked-up. I hope she gets a sleigh ride! Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:18 pm 

Berkley Gulp 5" Jerk Shad on an Owner Twist Lock weighted hook.

Attachments:
ICW Redfish (03-30-19) (3).jpg
ICW Redfish (03-30-19) (3).jpg [ 39.39 KiB | Viewed 349 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:19 am 

Reds of all sizes are abundant in the creeks right now. I've been catching them with regularity from Fernandina to Flagler and creeks in-between. IMO, Flounder are trickier than Reds to hook and land, so it's just a matter of time before her bait/lure lands in front of a Red and she will be hooked-up. I hope she gets a sleigh ride! Good Luck![/quote]

So I'm not sure if I am replying to this correctly.

But again nice fish and my fingers are crossed she hooks up this weekend. She doesn't like fishing live bait and almost always uses a gulf shrimp with a 1/8 jig bouncing off the bottom. I may grab some live shrimp or mud minnows and see if that can increase the chances.

We are both from Indianapolis, so this type of fishing was completely foreign to us about 6 months ago, its been an exciting time trying to figure it all out.

Maybe we'll see you out there sometime, if we do our names are Tyler and Courtney.

Tight lines!