Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:37 pm 

A friend and I are headed down to Sarasota/Pine Island area and then to the Keys for so,e kayak fishing between 2/16-2/24. We usually fish with artificial but will go with whatever catches fish. We mostly catch striped bass on the Chesapeake Bay.

If anyone would be willing to share general tips regarding areas, tactics, gear, etc we would both greatly appreciate it.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:06 pm 

Sorry. Don’t know how I didn’t realize this forum was focused on Jacksonville.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 am 

Hello Hawg and Welcome to JFK!!
Not a problem that you are headed to the West Coast of FLA and we are on the North East Coast since many of us take trips down to the Keys...either the East or West shoreline of FLA.

This site has a very good "Search" feature....looks at the top of this page just under "ONLINE STORE"....and type in places that you want to visit....and the SW coast of Fla. is pretty neat.
Sorry that I cannot be too clear on your areas, but Chockoloskee and Everglades City are just a bit further South of what you are looking for. If you get down there, find Capt. Charles Wright online and several of us had him guide us in kayaks for 4 days...and altho a few tarpon were jumped, none were landed. We DID catch virtually hundreds of snook while down there.
Wish that I could offer more....but check out our "Search" feature for more info.
Good Luck.....JohnYaksJax