Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:34 pm 

My wife has appropriated my 2015 Outback, and gave me her blessing to buy a 2019 Outback. I'm going to buy it at Black Creek, and outfit it to the hilt. :)

Anyway - where would be a good, easy place to launch our Outbacks and have enough water depth to use the Mirage Drive without beating it to death on oyster bars? I will fish while my wife buzzes around having a big time.

I thought about Lonnie Wurn into Mill Cove as a possibility. Any other simple access points?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 pm 

Have you looked at the Hobie compass? Lonnie wurn will be fine for you. If you go right at the ramp you have plenty of water even at low tide..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:23 am 

Dutton Island right of the floating dock. I have done that with my 14 foot PA when I want to avoid the mud at low tide. Just might have to tell the people fishing off the dock to move. Pretty sure the rules require them to for people launching and recovering craft.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:57 pm 

The southern half of Guana Lake would be great (and coincidentally it's the only part of the lake currently open due to duck season on the northern half). I went there the other day to test my new trolling motor and I think I paddled all of about 6 strokes (when launching and returning). Other than that, it was the trolling motor the whole time. No tides to worry about, easy launch, a lot of fish to be had for you, and great wildlife/scenery for the wife.

Perception Sport Destiny/Scout 12
Perception Striker 11.5
Field & Stream Shadow Caster 123