Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tomoka State Park
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:29 am 

Good morning to all,

I primarily throw flies vs hardware, and this weekend am hoping to put a few bends in a new 7wt experimental cane rod that I finished a month ago.

As such, this weekend during our annual fall camping trip, I am planning on yak fishing out of Tomoka State Park and have been advised to try "Sanchez".

After looking for it on the Hotspot map, did not find it, a little research shows where the park is located. Has anyone fished this area recently? Is Strickland Creek a better place for me to spend my time in vs the banks on the north section of Tomoka Bay Area? Most of the recommendations say to fish the outgoing flow especially around points or narrow constrictures such as the areas leading to Strickland.
The map also shows the area around the northern point of the peninsula as a place to try during the outgoing flow, but it is a bit of a paddle to get to from either Strickland creek or the north shore of the bay.

I see a front coming in (possible, quick moving, strong winds and rain), probably late afternoon or tonight, but should be clear the rest of the weekend, don't think the temps will drop too much(hopefully).

Thank you for any info, will hopefully post a few pics of fish afterwards. Looking forward to fresh fish on the campfire.

Eric

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Tomoka State Park
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:01 pm 

Sanchez is good but I haven’t been there recently. If you want to fish the northeast corner of Tomoka basin, there is a park called Seabridge Riverfront park that has a kayak launch. It’s on the east side of the intercostal. There’s a nice sandbar on that northeast corner that you can get out. Plus, I’ve hooked reds on the southwest side of that bar. There’s a submerged shell bed there.

Post subject: Re: Tomoka State Park
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:46 pm 

Eric....Glad that JWRAY got on this thread and sent you some info....WTG JWRAY!!!

Please let us know how you did at Tomoka....hope the weather held up for you!!
JohnYaksJax