Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:41 am 

Now I remember why I love kayak fishing. Went out on Saturday to my favorite fishing spot and launch the kayak around 8 AM. Drifted with one bait on the way to my spot but had no luck. I had picked up some finger mullet (8) cast netting from the bridge not too far from home and picked up two dozen live shrimp to try something different as Browns wasout of mud minnows.
Pulled up into my spot set the anchor pole and put out a couple rods. Caught the first of three puppy drum that were all right at legal or just short. That is the first time of ever caught black drum back in the creek. Proceeded to catch three Redfish one legal trout and four legal but smallish flounders.
One bad thing that occurred was someone stole my new cast net out the back of my truck. Never had a problem there before but I guess now you can’t really trust any place. I’ll try and see if I can pick up another cast net from the store. Personally I hope the thieves stole it out of the back my truck Have to deal with karma later. That’s as nice as I can say it without getting in trouble for cursing.
I’m going to try to get out again and see what’s happening.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:31 pm 

Hello Okpim625 and Welcome back to JKF!!!
Sounds like a good trip to me....ya got a NE FLA SLAM plus those black drum, so you kept busy!!

Hope to meet you out on the water someday.....Take Care!!!!
JohnYaksJax