Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fort George
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm 

Went fishing today because I had the opportunity. Launched 0930 at sisters creek. Rising tide with cloudy skies and relatively windy day but not too bad. Not only did I not catch anything... I didn’t see anything out there.

I rarely go fishing and leave without hooking anything. I often leave empty handed because I throw back fish all the time.
Fished live and arty bait. The problem wasn’t the bait or the presentation there were no fish to be seen. Usually see some signs of trout busting schools or reds making waves in the shallows showing their tail.

But today I didn’t see a MFing thing. Tried to get on some structure to go after some sheepshead. Nothing. I pedaled all over that place and no signs of life.

A couple days ago I had a PB sheepshead and hooked an excellent Red at the same location. There’s a spot in the area I have called my go to red fish spot as I’ve caught my limit multiple times and did multiple catch and release from that spot. That spot was dry.

Just a heads up. Don’t know if the hurricane could have caused such a drastic change... maybe the late high tide will bring some fish in.

And body else go out today with good results?’
Good luck out there!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Fort George
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 pm 

Not sure what it was on Tuesday. but yesterday the barometric pressure was stupid low. I haven't seen it drop below 30 in over a year or so.

When you say "dead", were there no signs of wild life? Were the birds hunkered down? Fiddler crabs out? They may have been going deep do to the drop in pressure.

There is a good chance that I have no clue of what I'm talking about. But my thoughts are, When it drops that fast, fish feed hard and then honker down.

I fish Sisters Creek every chance I get and will be there tomorrow and Saturday. Going to launch at first light. Join me if you can.

I get skunked so often here, (Catfish and Rays). I don't care....
I love to fish! Although I do it badly and am learning, when the rod bends. that is a sweet feeling!

I have fought tide changes while paddling, cursing every moment! I rolled because of my own stupidity. I have found myself thigh deep in mud! Never once did I think this to be unusual. It was only a matter of time.

The people at work ask me every Monday, Did You go out this weekend!?
That question has always perplexed me. Most of them had a great weekend WATCHING something. 90% of the water cooler talk is about the current game and how they would have played it better.
Yet none of them can match what I did that weekend, by simply sitting 6" above the water.

There are good days and bad days out there. But everyone of them are better than being at work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:50 am 

Report from 2days ago. Scroll to the top of report.
https://forums.floridasportsman.com/dis ... owm#latest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:09 pm 

Fish Hound wrote:
Not sure what it was on Tuesday. but yesterday the barometric pressure was stupid low. I haven't seen it drop below 30 in over a year or so.

When you say "dead", were there no signs of wild life? Were the birds hunkered down? Fiddler crabs out? They may have been going deep do to the drop in pressure.

There is a good chance that I have no clue of what I'm talking about. But my thoughts are, When it drops that fast, fish feed hard and then honker down.

I fish Sisters Creek every chance I get and will be there tomorrow and Saturday. Going to launch at first light. Join me if you can.

I get skunked so often here, (Catfish and Rays). I don't care....
I love to fish! Although I do it badly and am learning, when the rod bends. that is a sweet feeling!

I have fought tide changes while paddling, cursing every moment! I rolled because of my own stupidity. I have found myself thigh deep in mud! Never once did I think this to be unusual. It was only a matter of time.

The people at work ask me every Monday, Did You go out this weekend!?
That question has always perplexed me. Most of them had a great weekend WATCHING something. 90% of the water cooler talk is about the current game and how they would have played it better.
Yet none of them can match what I did that weekend, by simply sitting 6" above the water.

There are good days and bad days out there. But everyone of them are better than being at work.

This is my first time checking the site since I posted. I’ll be going out there soon don’t know exactly when. I avoid sisters creek on the weekend as the weekend super stars are out there speeding around not paying attention to anything. So I mostly go ther during week days when the boat traffic is nice and quiet.
When I go there on the weekend I’ll let you know.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 pm 

Jwray wrote:
Report from 2days ago. Scroll to the top of report.
https://forums.floridasportsman.com/dis ... owm#latest

Apparently I launched at the wrong time of day. If he launched at 0430 then that was at the low tide... When I normally prefer to fish there.

Unfortunately I don’t always get
To choose when I get
To go fishing. When I got there it was approaching high tide and it was the most dead I’ve seen out there.
This is only the second time I can remember fishing the high tide there and both times were less then impressive outcomes. Low tide is the way to go at that spot. I go at high tide moving out at other places and always get great results with trout.