Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 pm 

Any suggestions. Young family with a grade school grandson and Jr High Granddaughter. Close proximity of good schools preferred. Safe area a must.

Whole family avid fisherpersons.

Of course, this isn't for me. I'm older than dirt. My son and his family will be moving real soon. We just found out. I sure hate to see them leave Crystal River.

Thanks for good suggestions.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:49 pm 

Hello CaptKenRoy and thanks for showing us that you are still involved with Kayak Fishing!!! Long time since I have heard from you, but your are one of the originals in here...you joined back in 2005 when this site was just starting up!!

There are some nice new areas for your family to settle down in...AND....there are some that they should avoid!!
Hopefully some people in here will add content to this thread, and when you start coming over here to the "East Coast" please let me know and I will fish with you!!
Take care.....JohnYaksJax

PS: Anyone interested in good advice on kayakfishing on the Left Coast should pester Capt.Ken and I am certain that he will provide some info for you.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am 

I live on Fleming Island which is east of Camp Blanding. After searching for decent area to buy a home with good schools for the kids I would highly recommend the Fleming Island or St. Johns area. Both have great schools and are close to St. Johns river and beaches. There are also a lot of private schools in the area. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 pm 

The area from Oak Leaf Plantation around to Fleming Island is a good start, with ready access to some beautiful fresh water. (I would avoid the Blanding Blvd corridor, though - lots of traffic and all commercial.) If salt water is a must, he'll have a long drive to work.

St. Johns County schools may be a bit higher ranked than Clay County, but I think Duval lags behind both. Just an impression but a good realtor would have the facts.

"Of course, folk fish for different reasons. There are enough aspects of
angling to satisfy the aspirations of people remarkably unalike."
-- Maurice Wiggin --

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm 

Fleming Island is my vote.Lived here for 30 years. East of US 17 you can get a bigger yard if that's what you want. We have an acre. West of 17 you have some nice, newer areas with a lot of deed restrictions if that suits you.You can get a super nice house for about $250,000. Mark T