Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Open Water Kayak Fishing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm 

To all of you Yakers that paddle beyond the breakers to fish.
I salute you! :salute:
OMG! What a rush it must be! Everyone of you deserve your "Man Card," Be you man, woman or child.
This is NOT something the masses/majority do. Most people watch others "play a Game," for entertainment.
You guys are true sportsman!
The launch and recovery alone is exciting in itself.
But when I see and hear the catches yakers pull in, It only fuels me.
You are doing something that most people would view as being crazy.
We are a different breed.
I can't wait to upgrade, and maybe see you out there.
Until then,
May You have tight lines and a fish on.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:50 am 

I recently got into it and am addicted. There's nothing like getting taken for a sleigh ride by a giant fish out in the ocean. The launch and landing add an extra level of excitement. I find myself laying in bed the night before a trip like a little kid with butterflies.

The adrenaline really gets going out there, but I do pick and choose my days that I go. it has to be flat and little current. I'm looking forward to learning more and getting a group together to hit it soon.

Whether you're inshore or BTBs, I love the simplicity of kayak fishing. It's amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:36 pm 

When I decide if I am going fishing, first thing I look athe reports in this order:

Swell
Wind
Tide

If those factors are not favorable I fall back to the creeks. If I go out alone I don't really go any further than the bouy near the mouth of the Saint Johns on the north side of the jetties. The fishing is great there, the jetties kind of make a bowl and fish just pack that corner.

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm 

SuaSponte wrote:
When I decide if I am going fishing, first thing I look athe reports in this order:

Swell
Wind
Tide

If those factors are not favorable I fall back to the creeks. If I go out alone I don't really go any further than the bouy near the mouth of the Saint Johns on the north side of the jetties. The fishing is great there, the jetties kind of make a bowl and fish just pack that corner.

What are you catching out there?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:36 pm 

joelwinters wrote:
What are you catching out there?

You can catch everything from Flounder to Tarpon.

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:59 pm 

Hey guys,
If anyone fishes in Jax - St. Augustin area offshore from a kayak and need a partner, please let me know. I am up to fishing for sharks and tarpons in August- September time. It is safer to go with a partner offshore. I have fished offshore in South Florida, but have not done it yet in North Florida.
Does anyone know any cool places to launch? I mean, the places where you don't need to drag a kayak too far from a parking lot?
Thanks, everyone.