Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panama City Beach
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:34 pm 

Has anyone fished there? Offshore? It looks like they have a ton of great fishing just a mile offshore with snapper and grouper readily available. The conditions on that side are primo as well. I'd love to put a trip together if someone had some experience as to where the reefs are.

Joel

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Panama City Beach
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 am 

they have a good facebook page for that area. may want to check it out. I've followed it for several years. seems to be a good group of guys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 am 

Just took some time and found a long time Buddy of mine when we fished together up in Georgia and down here in Jacksonville...and his name is Sam Patrick.

When Sam retired from the Georgia State Patrol, he moved to Panama City Beach part time, and that became FULL TIME quickly..He lives within walking distance of the PCB Pier and recently took over writing the weekly articles for PCB Pier Fishing!

Altho, he mostly pier fishes instead of his kayaks...and he has scored several kingfish from the kayak, and at least one sailfish...altho he may have caught more of them in the kayak!!
Hope this link works for you: http://www.baycountyoutdoors.com/Pier_B ... shing.html

Pop him a email or message and he would be more than happy about providing you with some current info of the fishing over there! Tell him Hello from me!!
JohnYaksJax aka John Stewart in Jacksonville.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:53 am 

JohnYaksJax wrote:
Just took some time and found a long time Buddy of mine when we fished together up in Georgia and down here in Jacksonville...and his name is Sam Patrick.

When Sam retired from the Georgia State Patrol, he moved to Panama City Beach part time, and that became FULL TIME quickly..He lives within walking distance of the PCB Pier and recently took over writing the weekly articles for PCB Pier Fishing!

Altho, he mostly pier fishes instead of his kayaks...and he has scored several kingfish from the kayak, and at least one sailfish...altho he may have caught more of them in the kayak!!
Hope this link works for you: http://www.baycountyoutdoors.com/Pier_B ... shing.html

Pop him a email or message and he would be more than happy about providing you with some current info of the fishing over there! Tell him Hello from me!!
JohnYaksJax aka John Stewart in Jacksonville.

You are the man! Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:21 pm 

My son is at FSU in Panama City, and he took a SCUBA class this summer and said the area is stacked with fish. I would look at all the scuba diving destinations close to the beach.