Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 pm 

Three Cruises in one day!!!

What a day it has been! Three cruises in one day and I still have enough energy to write about it! Our day started out when our special guests Danny Blair and his grandson Logan “Catfish” Dixon pulled up at the Captain’s Quarters.

We had fished together once last year, and Logan has been ready for a repeat ever since! The Creek is muddy right now but even with that we were still able to bring a few fish on board. Logan not only caught the fish of the day, but he was also able to spend time honing his paddling skills!

Logan is the type of guest that would make any Captain proud but if that weren’t enough he also won Max’s heart when he slipped him a couple of goodies during snack time!

Around noon is was time to bid Logan and Danny farewell and to load the boat again! This time Max and I had our grandsons Gage and Carter along with our good buddy Kelin Hill.

These boys caught a few fish, played in the creek and made a few memories in the process! The all had a great time and we hope that Kelin can come back and see us real soon.

We had gotten rained out the other day so to make up for that our granddaughter Macie (who has been visiting with us for a few days) put in a request for a makeup cruise this afternoon. Not only did the weather cooperate but today we were about to paddle all the way up to the old bridge and back!

As today came to a close I began to think about tools. I don’t have a shop and if hard pressed I might find a hammer and a screwdriver about, but I do have other tools. I have my pen and I have a camera. I have a canoe or two or three and I have a very loving and special little dog. Few things bring me as much pleasure and joy as using my tools to make someone else’s day. Although having fun can be taxing at times, if you love using your tools you may even be asked to do three cruises in one day!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 pm 

Thumbs up, all around ! :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Looks like a Boy Scout summer camp from here.

Max with a full-on selfie ! lol.

Child #1 looks as though he's the one for a future "High Hook" award.
Bet he'd treasure that for a lifetime!

I'll let your imaginative and woodworking skills do the rest- on rainy days, of course!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:06 am 

TaipanDuKayak wrote:
Thumbs up, all around ! :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Looks like a Boy Scout summer camp from here.

Max with a full-on selfie ! lol.

Child #1 looks as though he's the one for a future "High Hook" award.
Bet he'd treasure that for a lifetime!

I'll let your imaginative and woodworking skills do the rest- on rainy days, of course!

Thanks. Come see us!