Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My friend Frank
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am 

My friend Frank

To some he is Franklin Arthur. To others he is Dr. Frank Arthur the world renowned USDA research Entomologist who has travelled six continents over the last 32 years researching and presenting research and is presently at the very top of his game: https://www.ars.usda.gov/plains-area/mh ... in-arthur/

But to me Frank is simply my friend. For you see dear readers, Frank and I have known each other since birth. Our grandmothers were friends before we were even born. We grew up in church together and later went to public school together and for many years we were inseparable.

We learned to ride bikes together and we fished together as boys. He was in my wedding when I married in 1973. I was privileged to be his best man in Kansas when he later tied the knot.

Frank is brilliant and has always been one of my heroes, but these last two days were absolutely off the chart. We fished, we laughed, and we sang together.

I had the privilege of introducing Frank and Cheryl to my good friend Doug Hargrove who was such a wonderful host.

But the highlight of the visit was when Frank took time to talk bugs with my 9-year-old grandson, Gage!

He may be Franklin to you. He may be Dr. Franklin Hall Arthur to you. But to me he is simply my life long precious friend, Frank.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: My friend Frank
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:37 pm 

Love it! They definitely grow 'em tall in your neck of the woods, don't they? Usually you seem to tower over most of your guests!

Perception Sport Destiny/Scout 12
Perception Striker 11.5
Field & Stream Shadow Caster 123

Post subject: Re: My friend Frank
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:52 am 

Kroger is one of the best companies that have got a cool new website for the people and the employees