Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 am 

Anyone know of any good launches in Jax beach to fish some creeks during low tide. I've found a few good high tide spots towards JTB and I know Dutton and Mayport are always an option for low tide but I want to find somewhere closer to south Jax Beach or PVB.

I know I can launch the boat ramp too, but I'd rather stay out of there.

Thanks

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 am 

Bueller? Bueller??

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:48 pm 

Hello Nick & Welcome to JKF!!!
I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that all the info and maps that you want are in here....look above and you will see: "FISHING SPOTS"....and go there!!

The area that you are requesting is in the RIGHT hand column, and above it says:
"South of Little Jetties - ICW".
Scroll down and you will see most of the better creeks and launch areas and info on the launch, nearby bait & tackle shops, degree of difficulty, and maps (altho some of them so not work very well).
There is a prompt/link in pink/burgundy that says: "Click here for the Jax Graphical Mega-Map View".....and it gives you a good idea of where the creeks are.
It goes all the way down to Crescent Beach/Flagler County.

Tip #1....learn your tides the further you get from Mayport adds some time to the Tides Tables. These are dependent on winds...but you will learn them.
Tip #2...Learn to fish the Outgoing...Dead Low...and Incoming Tides!!
The fish that leave the small creeks during outgoing will be in very low water at Low Tide, but the baitfish and shimp will then follow the Incoming water way back in, and the fish we target will follow the bait!!! Next time you cross the JTB Bridge, look at all the water for fish...and they are VERY concentrated at dead low....and VERY spread out at High!!

That is enuff for now, and good luck!!
JohnYaksJax
PS: Two new launch areas are down at the SR 210 Bridge over the ICW. Nocatee launch is on the west side of the bridge and the new Palm Valley Outdoors is on the east side, and both are good areas and not TOO tide dependent to launch at Low. PVO also has a bait shop and a very good restaurant.