Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wilderness Tarpon 140
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 am 

I just bought a used one and was told it was about 7 years old . How can I tell ? Also I always had Malibu at 34 in wide and this 140 is 28 . Did I buy a flipper ? Thanks posting.php?mode=post&f=1&sid=a15d5cdf4aaff86d4d7204730429a543#

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:05 am 

The year is coded in the serial number, but I've forgotten the details. Maybe the last two digits? Someone here will know.

What I do know is that you did not buy a flipper. I have a 140 and it is a great hull shape, stable, relatively fast and handles well, too. I use a rudder most of the time just for convenience sake.

"Of course, folk fish for different reasons. There are enough aspects of
angling to satisfy the aspirations of people remarkably unalike."
-- Maurice Wiggin --

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:55 am 

Thank You Tadpole .That is good to hear as I have not had it out yet . It does have a rudder on it . Thanks again .

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:26 pm 

Hey awjnfla......I just checked the Mfg. Statement of Origin on my newest Tarpon 120, and the last two # on the 12 digit S/N are "16"....and it was built in 2016.

I have FOUR Tarpon 120's...Old Blue is pretty much retired after over 800 trips and she leaks a little...kinda like an old lady!! LOL!!!
The other two are in Charlotte and Greensboro, NC for my family and a lady friend and in case I would fly up there, I would have a kayak...or two!!

I like the Tarpon 120 very much and you should love your T-140....fast, glides forever, turns quickly, and is not too tippy, altho it will not be as stable as your Malibu. I have stood once in my 120, without any gear on board, and I could do it...barely!!
Your 140 is lighter weight that either of your other kayaks and glides great and is "faster" than either of them....which means very little in a kayak.
Get it out and get her slimed on your first trip!!!
JohnYaksJax