Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:28 pm 

Some might think that there is very little substance to fishing with the Ol’ Captain and Max. After all, we spend very little money on our trips, we don’t stay out too long at one time and we don’t even have a motor on our boat. There can’t be a whole lot to it, right?

Before you decide, let me plead our case. When we go out we don’t just hurriedly go from point A to point B. We look around and we take it all in. We take photos of what we see in hopes than someone, somewhere, may join us vicariously as they read our posts in the comfort of their home.

We want our readers to see what we see. To see the beauty of the lake and to observe and hopefully even feel the warmth of the sun across the bow (Get it?)

Max and I are social creatures. We love meeting people and making new friends. It warms our hearts when folks like C.B Cornett and Rick Singletary speak to us from their boat or call us over for a photo op on the bank.

Once anchored, I guess some folks think we just sit there and twiddle our paws but that is not the case! Sometimes we take a well-deserved nap and sometimes we even read.

Take today for instance. We were reading in the book of Esther and just when she and Mordecai thought it was the end of the line for them we had a nice Cat on the end of ours!!

Folks, Max and I have learned that every day we have is a blessing from God. We take very little for granted and we try to encourage others along our way. You might think that there is very little substance to fishing with the Ol’ Captain and Max but I contend that there is a lot more to it than you might think.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 pm 

OlCaptain.....Another great post and pix of you adventures!!
Appropriate scripture you just happened to reading when that nice catfish decided to accept your invitation home for supper!!
Thx for sharing your day....John

PS: That T-shirt your friend was wearing made a PERFECT picture with Max...since he is vertically challenged!!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:15 pm 

JohnYaksJax wrote:
OlCaptain.....Another great post and pix of you adventures!!
Appropriate scripture you just happened to reading when that nice catfish decided to accept your invitation home for supper!!
Thx for sharing your day....John

PS: That T-shirt your friend was wearing made a PERFECT picture with Max...since he is vertically challenged!!

Max could be on the Board of Trustees :)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:59 pm 

I've enjoyed every- single- one of your posts for a multitude of reasons, for several months;
your photography as well.
Many of your shots are particularly extraordinary: these most recent mists, for instance.

Nay... no need to apologize ... (apologize???)

:thumbright: :salute: