Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We love the Bridge!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 pm 

We love the Bridge

When it comes to catching Cats, the Crooked Creek Bridge has become somewhat of the go to spot for the Ol’ Captain and his sidekick, Maximus Relaximus.

We like the area because the water is deep, and we have a theory that if a fish wants to get from our side of the lake over into the “River Side” of the lake he must first pass under the no wake zone area at the bridge.

We also enjoy watching the Swallows under the bridge and seeing the nearby scenery as well.

Max and I normally come alone but today we were privileged to have Shawn Holcomb as our guest! We enjoy fishing with Shawn for the following reasons:

1. He is a nice guy.
2. He knows how to fish.
3. He isn’t afraid of a paddle.
4. He brought the Bait.

Once we paddled out of the Creek and brushed by the native Azaleas we were soon on a direct route to the bridge.

As Captain, I usually allow no more than 5 ½ hours for this trip. Not only are Max’s leg short but his attention span starts to wane when you reach that 5 hour mark.

Well, we got anchored and set up and it wasn’t long before Shawn had a Proper Pull Down!

It wasn’t long before we had his nice Blue Cat on the Pup Deck!

Some time went by and then the Ol’ Captain was pullin’ one in as well!

Folks, when you catch ‘em this size you don’t have to have but a couple for a mess. Since we both had a fish the pressure was off. We moved a time or two and chatted and simply just enjoyed being on the water. By then it was time to head back home knowing that these 5 plus hours had been time well spent.

Before we left the bridge a $40-$50,000 boat cruised by my old canoe and I wondered if he was having as much fun as we were. Whether he was or not, we sure have a good time when we take our trips to and from the Crooked Creek Bridge.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter