Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:57 pm 

Launched the yaks at 7:30 fished the falling tide with white gulp shrimp caught a few 15-17 inch reds but something I've personally noticed lately as well as from talking to other guys on the water is that mud minnows or finger mullet on a jig head are working pretty well for slot reds right now, so we stopped and caught 2 dozen mud minnows then started bouncing bottom underneath docks and sure enough we started seeing better fish we caught 2 reds at 22 inches a 25 incher and 2 more 17-18,s they were biting pretty well then the rain started and the wind kicked up so being without rain gear we headed back around 10:00 after catching a total of 8 fish, the 25 and one of the 22,s made it home for dinner, only caught redfish not another species caught.

Attachments:
ddd.jpg
ddd.jpg [ 50.96 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]
ccc.jpg
ccc.jpg [ 68.23 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]
bbb2.jpg
bbb2.jpg [ 82.23 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg [ 79.35 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]

Last edited by Fishinguy21 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:57 am 

Nice report!

Looks like a nice day of fishing.

I put in at Palm Valley and have been running south, I might try running north sometime soon. I need stop fishing the same exact spot over and over. I'm fishing in a boat now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm 

Arsinek wrote:
Nice report!

Looks like a nice day of fishing.

I put in at Palm Valley and have been running south, I might try running north sometime soon. I need stop fishing the same exact spot over and over. I'm fishing in a boat now.

Thanks! I do the same thing as well. I used to fish st Augustine primarily and need to spend more time exploring around there.