Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm 

Hi. Had both my knees replaced 3 weeks apart. Had left one done approx 8 weeks ago, the other one about 5. For the most part things are going well. One problem though. Now all of a sudden I can't get to sleep. Tossing and turning, not really pain just can't get comfortable. Any suggestions? Pain pills worked before but they are now gone.Thanks, Mark T

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 am 

I hope your situation improved Mark, but even if it didn't, I wouldn't rely on pain pills for that. That's a slippery slope. If you get any sleep at all at night and can somewhat function during the day, I'd ride that wave a while longer before getting on any kind of meds.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:22 am 

Thanks Beeman, I tried something last night for sleep that was recommended by my physical therapist and it seemed to work pretty well, I iced both knees for about 20 minutes and was able to go to sleep. I think it probably deadens the nerves for awhile. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 am 

As sort of an export on this subject, with a hip replacement many years ago, migraine headaches and three eye surgeries since February, I have access to Hydrocodone but I avoid it like the plague. It gives me restless legs and constipation. So I use herbs like Valerian Root and Melatonin. I take three of the valerian root and it calms me down. I stopped taking the CVS SleepAid I was taking for a couple of weeks right after the surgery three weeks ago. It is easy to get hooked on them putting you to sleep and they make you feel dazed in the morning. If you do find yourself up and can't sleep, listen to some soft music with your eyes closed and turn your mind off. Or think about Jerry and all the snakes at Simpson creek.