Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:01 pm 

Apparently, there has been a good bit of concern and recent talk around the Corporate water cooler.

Everyone knew the Ol’ Captain was hurting but most everyone felt like if he’d return to work it might be good for him. Some said he might just retire and never come back. Others said as CEO of Crooked Creek Inc, he owed it to his loved ones, colleagues, and friends to come back and finish strong. In the meantime, everyone respectfully waited to see what would really happen.

I knew when we pulled out of the driveway earlier today that it was time to get back to my office. But instead of taking the Perimeter around Maximus Island, we chose to slide through Blair’s Strait to save some time and get a closer view of the wild Trumpet Vines blasting away on our starboard side.

Once we got out on the main highway I knew it had been a while since we had driven to the Crooked Creek Bridge. My arms and shoulders gave indication that it was indeed time to get back to business.

We finally arrived at the office and within no time at all my assistant, (Maximus Relaximus) was back on task.

I had been out so long that I didn’t know if I’d get any calls at all today. I was hoping for some serious business but instead all I heard from was two kids playing on the line.

After a few hours the wind picked up and knowing that we’d be facing traffic on the way home, we left a little early.

I needed to get out and try to find that “new normal” that I hear folks talk about. With God’s grace and the help of good friends I know that I will make progress soon. But in the meantime, it sure felt good to be back at my desk……

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm 

Glad you got back out on the water. Nothing like a small boat, some exercise, and a good [quiet] fishing partner to perk up the spirits. Hopefully some Vienna Sausages were involved too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm 

Good therapy! i sent you a private message, Horace. God bless you and your family.

Native Slayer Propel 13 (Copperhead)
Native Slayer 12 (Hidden Oak)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 am 

Good Stuff Captain...thanks for the great posts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 am 

The Solace that can be found on the water is amazing. No better way to spend a day. Another great trip report Captain!