Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 pm 

I plan on setting up a demo soon but wanted to get some thoughts from others here first. Im currently in a cuda 14 and like the boat but looking for a little more stability. The only other boat I was really interested in is the nucanoe pursuit but the lack of a rudder is a deal breaker for me. Im usually in less than 2' of water where I fish so the flex pod on the atak doesnt do much for me but I do like the open floor. I rarely venture into the surf but it does happen on occasion and the cuda hd looks like it might be the better boat for that. Does anyone have any experience with both boats?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 am 

The paddle kayaks that really impress me are the Eddyline C-135, Jackson Cuda LT and the Wilderness Systems ATAK 120. For me, I have eliminated the C-135 as I think, while it is a fabulous kayak, it is priced very aggressively. Also, I want something nearer 12 feet than its 13+ feet skype for web

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 pm 

I cannot speak to the Cuda, but I have an ATAK 120. I love it for fishing, but getting there can be a pain. It is very heavy, you definitely want wheels to move it around, and because of its weight and width, it is not very fast. At a moderate paddling effort going from spot to spot, I only average 3.5-4.0 mph on my GPS, and if there is a strong wind blowing it gets worse. Part of it is all the stuff I have:depthfinder,battery,power pole, 3 rods, cooler,and a bag of ice etc, it all adds up to a slow ride on the water. But when you get to your fishing area its great, the seat is comfortable and I love fishing out of it. My earlier kayak was a Tarpon 140, light,fast, easy to paddle, but there was little storage and it got uncomfortable after a few hours on the water. Good luck on your search!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 am 

The paddle kayaks that really impress me are the Eddyline C-135, Jackson Cuda LT and the Wilderness Systems ATAK 120. For me, I have eliminated the C-135 as I think, while it is a fabulous kayak, it is priced very aggressively