Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:43 am 

I've been working on a rigging series for my Hobie Compass getting ready for the 2018 season... I've already added a few to my YouTube channel.

Once I've complete rigging the Compass I will move on to the 2018 Hobie ProAngler14.

Here are the videos on the Hobie Compass.

https://youtu.be/vMDTnxvg_DA

https://youtu.be/kY4uIhup0J0

https://youtu.be/bYJTfCjxJpc

https://youtu.be/0Cr6LW_uQv8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 am 

Tim,

Saw your videos on the Hobie Compass Owners Facebook page. I mounted my 21 inch H-Rails further back to allow for the use of the H-Tracks. Post a rigged picture. Would like to see what it looks like setup for fishing. Loving mine so far. Having a PA14 and a Compass gives a lot of flexibility. ;)

Steve

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Ambassador
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Sea Grass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:34 pm 

SRAces wrote:
Tim,

Saw your videos on the Hobie Compass Owners Facebook page. I mounted my 21 inch H-Rails further back to allow for the use of the H-Tracks. Post a rigged picture. Would like to see what it looks like setup for fishing. Loving mine so far. Having a PA14 and a Compass gives a lot of flexibility. ;)

Steve

Thanks Steve

I have one more video to do on it. Going to install the Lowrance Elite9 Ti with a Point1 and PowerPole. I will do a wrap-up video with it all rigged up. I don't have much use for the track system with all the H-Rail accessories I have with the PA's, so that's why I went the route I did. I hope to squeeze things in between work and Fishing Show this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:16 pm 

Mtmouse wrote:
SRAces wrote:
Tim,

Steve

Thanks Steve

I have one more video to do on it. Going to install the Lowrance Elite9 Ti with a Point1 and PowerPole. I will do a wrap-up video with it all rigged up. I don't have much use for the track system with all the H-Rail accessories I have with the PA's, so that's why I went the route I did. I hope to squeeze things in between work and Fishing Show this weekend.

An Elite 9ti? On a Compass? I have the Elite 5ti on mine...lol! Plenty big for me and draws less power...lol! You will love the Power-Pole with the FF as you can deploy/retract the spike with a touch of the screen. :thumbleft: Do you really need the external Point1 GPS antenna? FYI...my SeaDek kit was sent to production today. So hopefully I will have some pictures to post in the next week or 2. Hopefully less.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Ambassador
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Sea Grass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 pm 

SRAces wrote:
An Elite 9ti? On a Compass? I have the Elite 5ti on mine...lol! Plenty big for me and draws less power...lol! You will love the Power-Pole with the FF as you can deploy/retract the spike with a touch of the screen. :thumbleft: Do you really need the external Point1 GPS antenna? FYI...my SeaDek kit was sent to production today. So hopefully I will have some pictures to post in the next week or 2. Hopefully less.

I'm old and my eyes aren't as good as they use to be. :) I have the Power-Pole on my PA's, but I don't use the Lowrance units to control it very often, but it's nice to have that option.

I love the Point1. I like to know which way my bow is pointing at all times. It's great when you are working waypoints, you always know which way you are pointing in relation to the waypoint. Without it, you only know which way you are drifting.