Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest on our son Chad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:51 pm 

Many of you have prayed for Chad since his journey began over 3 years ago. Our prayers haven't changed. We pray for his healing and if not, we pray for God's will to be done. Chad’s oncologist told him on Tuesday that there is nothing else she can do for him. His chemo markers have gone from 400 to 1400+ in the past 6 weeks. It’s getting worse and spreading more on the strongest treatment they have available outside of trial programs. His type of cancer has very limited trial programs available. She has referred him to two of the three programs, but it won’t be easy to meet all the criteria and get in. However, she is hopeful that he will get accepted for one of the two. Treatment isn’t going to be cheap and it could be at any of their facilities in the US.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm 

Horace.....I am SO SORRY to hear that Chad's condition has worsened!!
I thought about him on my last reply to your fishing report a few days ago, and I did not want to burden that reply with any potential bad news....

I just said a special prayer for Chad....and I hope and pray that he get into one of the trial programs and that it cures him of his cancer!
My good thoughts and prayers will continue for Chad....I am sorry to hear this news, but you are a STRONG family and your belief and faith in God will help you.....
Good Luck and continued prayers......John
PS: I remember when we first met that your first grandson was born and needed prayers and look at him now....It worked for him, and it will work for Chad.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:54 pm 

JohnYaksJax wrote:
Horace.....I am SO SORRY to hear that Chad's condition has worsened!!
I thought about him on my last reply to your fishing report a few days ago, and I did not want to burden that reply with any potential bad news....

I just said a special prayer for Chad....and I hope and pray that he get into one of the trial programs and that it cures him of his cancer!
My good thoughts and prayers will continue for Chad....I am sorry to hear this news, but you are a STRONG family and your belief and faith in God will help you.....
Good Luck and continued prayers......John
PS: I remember when we first met that your first grandson was born and needed prayers and look at him now....It worked for him, and it will work for Chad.....

Thanks John!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 am 

Chad and I will be at Wellstar Cobb early in the morning for his Liver Biopsy. We were there last week but they were unable to do it. The Following was written by Lauren:

We have a big week coming up this week...

Wednesday- liver biopsy (that couldn't take place last week due to Chad having the flu)

Thursday, Friday, Monday- appointments at Cancer Treatment Center in Newnan.

We ask that you would please join us in continuing to pray for the following:

1. A miracle
2. The new medical team
3. A new plan
4. My sister in law as she continues to ROCK at being a wife, mom, Mimi, and work full time
5. That with all this sickness going around he doesn't relapse with flu or catch anything new
6. Above all, that God would be glorified...come whatever

#webelieve
--