Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:16 pm 

A Five Hour Block of Time

Max and I have decided that five hours in a canoe is just about right for a 65-year-old man and a 10-year-old Dachshund. This schedule works out especially well when we fish the Crooked Creek Bridge. It takes me about 40 minutes to paddle out there, so you figure about an hour to get there, anchor, and get set up.

Reversing the process to get home allows for about three hours actual fishing time.

Once we are there we anchor, and we stay put until its time to come home. That’s our preference and it works well for us.

We left our dock promptly at 10:00AM this morning. It was a bit cool but when you are paddling, you warm up quick. We anchored and according to schedule we fished until 2:00PM. Once we got everything in, we headed back home. This is all new to me but if I can catch a mess of Cats on Dec 16 and not have to even get into my truck I think it is been time well spent.

I’m not sure how long this pattern will continue but when the wind is low, and the temperatures are decent you can look for the Ol’ Captain and Max to periodically be at Lake Sinclair’s Crooked Creek Bridge! We hope you enjoy the photos!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:15 pm 

Nicely done. We just purchased a place on Sinclair. We are located on Island Creek. I will put you on my list to look for when we are up your way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 pm 

hydrophilic wrote:
Nicely done. We just purchased a place on Sinclair. We are located on Island Creek. I will put you on my list to look for when we are up your way

That will be great!

Horace LaFavor
404-405-3523
horacelafavor@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm 

Looks like a peaceful day out there and some time well spent. Nice stringer of cats too.......