Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anchors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:56 pm 

Hello there guys,

Take this survey, because my engineering team is designing a new mechanism to pull up your kayak anchor rope and anchor very fast and with minimal water drip-age, or muddy anchors, and no line tangling.

We need to get an idea for what customers want from this product so if you could take this survey it would really help.

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XM58ZR7

Thanks!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: anchors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:41 pm 

zach_everly wrote:
...because my engineering team is designing a new mechanism to pull up your kayak anchor rope and anchor very fast and with minimal water drip-age, or muddy anchors, and no line tangling.

We need to get an idea for what customers want from this product so if you could take this survey it would really help.

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XM58ZR7

Thanks!

"...my engineering team is designing a new mechanism to pull up your kayak anchor rope and anchor very fast..."

If we were in a hurry we wouldn't be using paddle-powered vehicles.

"...and with minimal water drip-age.."

If we didn't want to get wet, we wouldn't be paddling on the water.

"...or muddy anchors..."

A few swishes through the wet water and the mud is gone.

"...and no line tangling."

I can only speak for myself, but I rarely use more than 20-30 yards of line, and rarely if ever have a tangling problem when I wrap my anchor line by hand.

That sounds like a viable product for larger, powered watercraft. But I dont' see a big market or need for something like that for your average kayaker.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 pm 

funny, if all the previous post's points were universally held beliefs among kayak fishers, I'm not sure the micro power pole would have been introduced and have sales figures. Also the anchor trolley systems allow for quiet fast deployment and retrieval of anchors and many kayakers are quick to add those to their rigs. So perhaps there is a market for what the survey is about. To each their own.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm 

keastman wrote:
funny, if all the previous post's points were universally held beliefs among kayak fishers, I'm not sure the micro power pole would have been introduced and have sales figures. Also the anchor trolley systems allow for quiet fast deployment and retrieval of anchors and many kayakers are quick to add those to their rigs. So perhaps there is a market for what the survey is about. To each their own.

Anchor trolley is not a powered contraption and has a function of its own. Power poles may be a thing but I haven't seen a kayak on the water using one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 am 

https://www.google.com/search?q=micro+p ... 80&bih=944, there are members on this board that have them. No where did OP mention that this would be a powered contraption, can't figure your comment about anchor trolley.

Related to Crabby Yak perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:21 am 

keastman wrote:

...Related to Crabby Yak perhaps?

If he also walked to school, barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways and liked it, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am 

keastman wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=micro+power+pole+on+kayaks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih89bavovYAhWGPiYKHSAIARkQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1680&bih=944, there are members on this board that have them. No where did OP mention that this would be a powered contraption, can't figure your comment about anchor trolley...

Now we are just arguing for points.

When you look at the kayaks the power poles are attached to, they are not "average". They are typically big, expensive, paddle yatchs that most folks can't afford or justify purchasing. And I never mentioned power poles in my original comment. You brought that into the argument to justify a not yet invented product that isn't an anchor at all, just a means to move an anchor.

You made a good point though. If it's people-powered and inexpensive it might have a niche.